Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

The future of the forum: Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

Poll: The future of the forum: (103 member(s) have cast votes)

How should we proceed?

1. Keep everything like it is (3 votes [2.91%])

Percentage of vote: 2.91%

2. Migrate to a new server but (try to) get the domain "autohotkey.com" from Polyethene (73 votes [70.87%])

Percentage of vote: 70.87%

3. Migrate to a new server and use a new domain, but keep "AutoHotkey" as name (12 votes [11.65%])

Percentage of vote: 11.65%

4. Voted Migrate to a new server and re-brand AutoHotkey completely (12 votes [11.65%])

Percentage of vote: 11.65%

5. Other (please explain) (3 votes [2.91%])

Percentage of vote: 2.91%

Vote
iDrug
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2015 09:24 PM
The initial post of this topic says that nothing is going to change, but I've just noticed the new appearance of the forum.
However, it still sucks.
I prefer simple, yet powerful forums, with smart scripts and the damn SPOILER tag.
p.s.: I don't care where the server will be hosted and I don't even care who owns it, since anyways there would be the same bunch of moderators, who currently do nothing useful and refuse to do useful things or delegate some things to the ones who request it (I wanted to volunteer to clean forums a bit from off topic and useless messages in old topics that could be used as very awesome manuals for different stuff, but none of the bigvent/chalamius/talisman/tlm ever replied to it, only tidbit replied that it's not needed and I'd better just copy that info into structured manuals, which I didn't find much comfortable, as I'm not owning the authorship of posted scripts and tutorials and I wanted to keep the ownership so that new users could ask their initial authors, not me).

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: Apr 19 2019 05:49 PM

thats the problem the authors come and go

they are in many cases just not around anymore

Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

iDrug
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2015 09:24 PM
Doubling the threads will result in forum becoming overgarbaged, which also makes searching hard and uneffective.
If the author of some script passed away - moderators should transfer the ownership over that thread to the volunteers willing to maintain that thread, but to keep a thread clean - they need some extra permissions.

Alibaba
  • Members
  • 435 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2014 04:21 PM
Oh, i see poly censored this thread.
Great poly, that's how real leaders should act!

Other opinions are worthless, right? ;)

Find the recent autohotkey version here: ahkscript.org

Seidenweber
  • Moderators
  • 638 posts
  • Last active: Sep 06 2015 01:51 PM

As far I can see, the goal of this thread is reached and there is no need to continue kicking a dead horse.

Therefore it's [closed] now.

All questions & answers are related to AHK 1.1.19.03 x64 Unicode