Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

how to swap two keys: colon/semicolon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
vaderetro
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Last active: May 14 2017 07:23 PM

Hi,

I am trying to swap : and ; This is what I am trying:

`;::: 
+`;::`;

but after this, both ; and : are mapped to :

It looks like there must be a way to say 'send X, but if X is mapped to something else don't expand it' (like nore stuff in vim).

I thought I would easily find many info about this remapping, but just found http://www.autohotke...n-to-semicolon/ and the reply does not work for me.

thanks

MindCaged
  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Last active: Jul 22 2014 06:17 PM
✓  Best Answer

Hmm, if you're just trying to send one or the other.

$`;::Send `:
$+`;::Send `;

Just tested this and it seems to work perfectly. The $ in front is to keep them from triggering each other.

Hmm, just looked at the link you provided and it's pretty much the same thing, so if it's not doing what you want, then I'm not sure.

I'm really not sure what you mean by "'send X, but if X is mapped to something else don't expand it'"

vaderetro
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Last active: May 14 2017 07:23 PM

Hmm, if you're just trying to send one or the other.

$`;::Send `:$+`;::Send `;
Just tested this and it seems to work perfectly. The $ in front is to keep them from triggering each other.

Hmm, just looked at the link you provided and it's pretty much the same thing, so if it's not doing what you want, then I'm not sure.

I'm really not sure what you mean by "'send X, but if X is mapped to something else don't expand it'"

This works perfectly.

In the link I mentioned they were using $ only in one of them, I made so many combinations but none worked, I probably didnt notice the right one.

By 'dont expand it' I meant exactly the issue you avoid by using $ (that I didnt know, obviously), recursively mapping something.

very helpful, thanks!