Search found 349 matches

by sinkfaze
30 May 2017, 11:17
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

Again, this is about OUR Ethics not anyone elses. And what is the ethical grounding of this argument? What were our ethics in deleting what nnnik calls exceptional AHK programming? What are our ethics in chasing off our own user base? because gaming companies might block us SO TOTALLY NOT THE POINT...
by sinkfaze
30 May 2017, 11:06
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

Run1e wrote:
sinkfaze wrote:exceptionally well done programming

You wouldn't say that if you actually looked at the code. It was pretty horrible.


nnnik said it was a hack of exceptional quality even in the history of AutoHotkey. I'll take his word over yours.
by sinkfaze
30 May 2017, 11:03
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

Everybody could have stopped tidbit. You didn't do that either. So you are just as poly as tank is. - going by your logic. Except for that whole having a day job and not having time to visit the forums thing. But yeah, thanks for that blindingly ignorant statement. You are just getting desperate in...
by sinkfaze
30 May 2017, 10:48
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

nnnik wrote:Our behaviour and gestures will affect AutoHotkeys public image.


And yet somehow it didn't occur to you that deleting exceptionally well done programming by an AutoHotkey user will affect AutoHotkey's public image?
by sinkfaze
30 May 2017, 10:43
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

It is most likely that the scripts you'd find externally will be compiled into .exes anyhow, which distances their association with AHK. It's a hassle to tell someone "First, install autohotkey. Then copy and paste this into notepad. And then save it but with the .ahk extension, and make sure ...
by sinkfaze
30 May 2017, 09:23
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

You seem to forget that we are the official site representing AHK. That doesn't matter in terms of your argument. Scripts that "sully our reputation" will do so no matter where they are on the internet, so by your logic, we should have a right to tell anyone anywhere to remove their scrip...
by sinkfaze
30 May 2017, 09:17
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

Not if they block AHK in general. An action you are provoking with letting cheats reside on this site. So when they move their scripting activity to another site we have a right to demand that those sites remove scripts there as well because they're "provoking with letting cheats reside on the...
by sinkfaze
30 May 2017, 09:10
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

tank wrote:but i promised not to be poly and make unilateral decisions.


And yet you allowed tidbit to do it, and underhandedly at that. Bravo. You may as well bring poly back.
by sinkfaze
30 May 2017, 09:08
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

This is not in any way, shape or form a cheat. I wasn't pointing it out because it's a cheat in that context, I pointed it out because if it's so unimportant to your gameplay then it shouldn't be a problem for you to go in and adjust it manually to allow the game companies to spare you the awful in...
by sinkfaze
30 May 2017, 08:58
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

tank wrote:Clearly we have more than one MOD that does and at least one mod that does not.


So now this is a MOD issue? God forbid it should actually involve the people in the gaming sections, who by the way are probably providing the vast majority of traffic to the site.
by sinkfaze
26 May 2017, 10:11
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

When a game wouldn't let me play...: Hello there! This is an automated response from the Support team of Wellbia Co., Ltd. Hmm, seems like you have some troubleshooting issues with your game! We’re sorry for your inconvenience. Your xigncode.log sent to us has detected a third party program as the ...
by sinkfaze
25 May 2017, 17:31
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

(would you believe me if <not naming names> asked me to delete this topic outright, not even ask the community if it should stay? It wasn't even my idea. I just asked and gave this topic a chance on behalf of someone else) No, I wouldn't, because that is when the topic should've been brought to the...
by sinkfaze
25 May 2017, 11:49
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

Pranks might not appear to damage a computer. So that's why they're banned at the forums, because they might not appear to damage a computer? Cheats may prevent the only use-case of that computer rendering the computer useless. Talk about arguing from the extreme case! Could we please bring this ba...
by sinkfaze
25 May 2017, 11:29
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

I drew the line at the fact it has like 10 cheats in one. I asked for a bunch of opinions, many people agreed. Why did you think the issue needed a solicitation of opinions in the first place? Are we rooting out the damage to "our reputation" for which there is no substantive proof is hap...
by sinkfaze
25 May 2017, 11:21
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

Malware is not a physical thing so it cannot physically hurt PCs. Malware damages the software which may or may not result in physical damage in the PC. Whether the user thinks it is physically damaged or not does not make any difference. Oh FFS, let's nitpick. Malware damages a computer. Pranks ap...
by sinkfaze
25 May 2017, 09:05
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

On the point of cheats being bad to AHK's image, we forbid malware and even pranks from the forums because they hurt people. We don't forbid malware and pranks because they "hurt people", we forbid them because they will physically damage one's computer, or lead one to believe that their ...
by sinkfaze
24 May 2017, 22:17
Forum: About This Community
Topic: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc
Replies: 174
Views: 14886

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

I'll be deleting all links/code and locking it and PM'ing the author in a few hours unless someone can give me a convincing argument why it's an innocent topic. Seems a lot of people agree it should be gone. Why should anyone have to give you a convincing argument why it's an innocent topic? Unless...
by sinkfaze
30 Mar 2017, 07:49
Forum: Scripts and Functions
Topic: Internet Explorer Element Spy (alternative to iWB2 Learner)
Replies: 55
Views: 17898

Re: Internet Explorer Element Spy (alternative to iWB2 Learner)

Why does the bounding rectangle now overflow? Tested this at various zoom levels on IE11.

3-30-2017 7-44-17 AM.jpg
3-30-2017 7-44-17 AM.jpg (170.39 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
by sinkfaze
24 Feb 2017, 09:58
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: MS Office COM Basics
Replies: 98
Views: 52651

Re: MS Office COM Basics

How does it know which Excel process to connect to? I normally have just one ComObjCreate in a script — when would I want to use a ComObjActive statement? It doesn't, but if you have only one Excel application running it's irrelevant. Any time one Excel application is already open and you do not ha...
by sinkfaze
08 Nov 2016, 11:44
Forum: Scripts and Functions
Topic: Excel COM Function Library
Replies: 10
Views: 1837

Re: Excel COM Function Library

Could you post your proposed code and not just the errors, please?

Go to advanced search