Is there an online compiler?

Propose new features and changes
neosickle

Is there an online compiler?

04 May 2016, 07:31

It would be very portable for me if we have an online compiler. No need to install. Just select an ahk or copy script to a box and compile it then download.
tidbit

Re: Is there an online compiler?

04 May 2016, 09:36

once upon a time someone made one:
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/7600 ... ing/page-1

links are long since dead.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
neosickle

04 May 2016, 20:00

Why don't we have official?
lexikos

05 May 2016, 03:16

IMO, an "official" online compiler would be a waste of resources.

There's no need to compile or install. See Portability.
guest3456

05 May 2016, 08:55

tidbit wrote:once upon a time someone made one:
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/7600 ... ing/page-1

links are long since dead.
i asked the guy to post the source, he never did

neosickle

06 May 2016, 19:14

lexikos wrote:IMO, an "official" online compiler would be a waste of resources.

There's no need to compile or install. See Portability.
Sorry for the waste. I know it's portability. That's why i asked if there is an online compiler. The importance of online compiler is in company computers. I use autohotkey to increase my productivity and to reserve energy of my body to cope with long hours of computer work. Our computer has only internet connection. Notepad and workpad are disabled. Folders are locked. The online compiler will help me to edit my script and compile it whenever i needed to because our system often changes and i need to always edit my script. I can edit my script and upload it to 4shared and when in home. But thanks for the info anyway.
lexikos

06 May 2016, 20:43

Notepad is disabled, but you can download and run an arbitrary executable file...? :roll:

If you can download and run any compiled script, you can download and run AutoHotkey.exe and a portable text editor. Even if AutoHotkey was the only thing you could run, it wouldn't take much to write a Notepad replacement with AutoHotkey. You could make it suit your usage even better than an online compiler.
I know it's portability.
Reading that, I feel that you have missed the point.
neosickle

06 May 2016, 23:17

I'm sorry for missing the point. Right click was also disabled too. I don't know about the portable text editor that we have that. Once i downloaded a portable autohotkey and i just saw the exe of autohotkey. Yayks.
Xtra

17 May 2016, 22:36

:thumbup: Scite4ahk is also portable.

Stick it to the IT man they aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer...
Bruttosozialprodukt

20 May 2016, 02:48

An online compiler should be pretty easy to set up if you have a windows server.
In node.js it could be something as simple as that:

Code: Select all

var fs = require('fs');
var express = require('express');
var app = express.createServer();
var bodyParser = require('body-parser');
var execFile = require('child_process').execFile;

app.use(bodyParser.urlencoded({
  extended: true
})); 

app.post('/ahk-online-compiler', function(req, res) {
    fs.writeFile("%temp%/script.ahk", req.body.scriptcode, function(err) {
        if (!err) {
            exexFile("%programfiles%/AutoHotkey/Compiler/Ahk2Exe.exe",  "/in %temp%/script.ahk /out %temp%/script.exe", function(err, stdout, stderr) {
                if (!err) {
                    res.sendFile("temp%/script.exe");
                }
            });
        }
    }); 
});

app.get('/ahk-online-compiler', function(req, res) {
    var htmlCode = `
      <!DOCTYPE html>
      <html>
        <head>
          <title>AHK Online compiler</title>
        </head>
        <body>
          <form action="/ahk-online-compiler" method="post">
            <textarea name="scriptcode"></textarea>
            <input type="submit" value="Compile">
          </form>
        </body>
      </html>
    `;
    res.send(htmlCode);
});
(untested)
sancarn

18 Aug 2016, 17:02

I 2nd this, an online compiler would be handy. Namely since at home, I don't have windows PCs but I still like to develop AHK code.

Edit: I should clarify I don't think this is something for Autohotkey.com to setup though... I believe it would be better for individual users to set these up for people. At least until we can tell how much it would be used...
Last edited by sancarn on 14 Apr 2017, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.
Asmodeus

03 Aug 2017, 07:08

an online "compiler" would be very very handy.

at least what I'm looking for is the possibility to run ahk code in a browser while I am on the road using my Android smart phone.
like that i could test & learn ahk without having windows / ahk installed.
tidbit

03 Aug 2017, 10:52

you're looking for a sandbox, not a compiler.
This would just let you turn a .ahk to .exe for w/e reason. But I don't see the use for that as Lexikos pointed out.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
Asmodeus

04 Aug 2017, 17:03

you are right, I misread the whole point; as stated a online compiler is pretty useless.

as mentioned, what i am looking for is a way to run (basic) code in a browser, which is probably not easy to implement. though it could be achieved by setting up a windows server and connect it via teamviewer, vnc, rdp whatever, i guess.
A windows vm on a android host on the other hand could also work, but I don't know of any working solution.
Bruttosozialprodukt

09 Oct 2017, 15:51

Asmodeus wrote:A windows vm on a android host on the other hand could also work, but I don't know of any working solution.
Have fun getting that to work. Android is based on arm, not x86 or x64. You can't virtualize x86 or x64 on an arm chip, I'm not even sure if you could virtualize arm itself on an arm chip. And even if... you could only run an arm version of Windows and thus you couldn't run ahk and the like.
There is only one phone that I'm aware of that could do it. I think it was called "Zenphone". It's running a special x64 Intel CPU that can translate arm to x64 in real-time. So it can run android and could virtualize windows at the same time. The performance would be absolutely horrific, though.
nnnik

09 Oct 2017, 17:11

He probably meant to say Linux not Android.
Recommends AHK Studio
Bruttosozialprodukt

17 Oct 2017, 07:15

Well, if we are talking about x86 or x64 Linux, then you could just use your standard KVM or VirtualBox to get a Windows VM. Or you could run it with Wine.
Asmodeus

17 Oct 2017, 16:20

Nope, i did not mix up Linux (Linux kernel) with Android. The most popular mobile platform according to OpenGAPPS is the 32Bit ARM architecture, followed by ARM64, x86 and x86_64,
while for Windows I assume its nowadays AMD64 (disclaimer: I wrote deliberately AMD because I own stocks of that company :lol:).
Although I read contrary opinions in the VirtualBox Forums I don't see why Windows/Apps could not somehow run on Android by adding some sort of abstraction/virtualization/translation layer. To prove my point I found thisposting in the ReactOS Forum.

Also I am not talking about playing Windows Games, Video Editing, or running CAD Software; performance is not a main issue, I simply want to test scripts on the go.
Apparently there was a solution on the way, but the project seems stalled or dead.
There could be though a working solution via remote access as I had presumed in a previous post.

Return to “Wish List”