Add a link on every special gui label to "Creating Multiple

Propose new features and changes
danielo515

Add a link on every special gui label to "Creating Multiple

26 Apr 2015, 07:52

Hello,

Most of the help threads are very well connected to other interesting or related topics. This is not the case of special gui labels such as guisize. It's not very intuitive to figure that you have to add a prefix to each guisize to match the precise gui you want to refer. Specially because this is not very common in most programming languages. So I suggest to add a link to "Creating Multiple GUI Windows" on every special gui label topic. Also please update "Creating Multiple GUI Windows" to reflect that not only numbers but also names can be used as a prefix.

Regards.
guest3456

Re: Add a link on every special gui label to "Creating Multi

26 Apr 2015, 08:39

i agree the help page could be structured better

what you're talking about is mentioned though:

http://ahkscript.org/docs/commands/Gui.htm#Labels
For windows other than number 1, the window's name or number (if it has one) is used as a prefix for the special labels mentioned above; for example, 2GuiEscape and 2GuiClose would be the default labels for window number 2, while MyGuiGuiEscape and MyGuiGuiClose would be the default labels for MyGui. To set a custom prefix, use Gui +Label.

lexikos

26 Apr 2015, 21:08

Also please update "Creating Multiple GUI Windows" to reflect that not only numbers but also names can be used as a prefix.
It already says "name or number" on the first line and the examples use a name (MyGui), not a number. You're not using the (outdated) autohotkey.com online documentation, are you?
danielo515

27 Apr 2015, 03:50

Hello lexikos,

Maybe I did. I went there from a google search.

What about my other suggestion?
lexikos

27 Apr 2015, 20:46

The "Window Events" section explains the usage of those special labels, then lists each label. The prefix is explained (as per guest3456's quote) at the top of that section (in the current documentation, not at autohotkey.com). I don't see a need to repeat that information every few paragraphs.
danielo515

29 Apr 2015, 04:08

Hello lexikos,

I did not see the "Windows Events" section. And in fact it took me some time to find it out even knowing that it should be there. On the first paragraph is clearly explained this. Thanks to pointing it out.

Regards.

Return to “Wish List”