A_DDD = Sa

Report problems with documented functionality
SL5
GitHub: sl5net

A_DDD = Sa

13 Jan 2018, 03:33

A_DDD = Sa Current day of the week's 3-letter abbreviation in the current user's language, e.g. Sun

msg = A_DDD = %A_DDD% Current day of the week's 3-letter abbreviation in the current user's language, e.g. Sun
Clipboard := msg
ToolTip,% msg
SL5_AHK_Refactor_engine: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8678 , online AHK prettyfy viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8678 , https://www.mikogo.com
gregster

Re: A_DDD = Sa

13 Jan 2018, 09:55

You seem to be in Germany, so 'Sa' for 'Samstag' seems to be the right output for today, assuming you are also running a german Windows... well, german windows uses 2-letter abbreviations, that is true.
So, I would rather consider that something for the "Improve the documentation" thread than a bug, because AHK just replicates information which it gets from the system. Since A_DDDD gets you the complete name and A_DD the 2-digit day of the month (01-31), A_DDD is the way to go to get the abbreviaton.

Btw, in the current online docs I only read "Current day of the week's abbreviation in the current user's language, e.g. Sun", nothing about "3-letter" anyway, if that is your concern. Correction: in v2 alpha docs (in english language) I can find "3-letter", german docs make no mention of the expected number, but give a 2-letter example, both in v1 and v2.
jeeswg

13 Jan 2018, 18:48

- Here's an example to give you the weekday/month in English.

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

- I've also added this example here:
jeeswg's documentation extension tutorial - AutoHotkey Community
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33596
- I would suppose that this example could easily be adapted for use with other languages.
gregster

13 Jan 2018, 21:36

jeeswg wrote:- Here's an example to give you the weekday/month in English.
I don't think that this was the scope of the question... or bug report. But who nows... there was not much of a question or a report, anyway. After all, I guess it won't hurt - obviously, it is no problem to shorten or expand the info the system gives you to whatever you like.

Return to “Bug Reports”