- So, sometimes you get the problem, sometimes you don't. What regularity, roughly?
- Was there a time period when the script would always work correctly, and then at some point you got the occasional error?
- If you create a new script like the one below, and close all other scripts:
Does it work? If so, sometimes when I've had major problems, that I don't understand the cause of, I copy the script, and delete chunks of it until the problem goes away, and try and pinpoint where the problem is.
- Do you have any problems with other hotkeys?
- If you create hotkeys like #w or ^q, do they work?
- After the error, does the script actually run as expected, or are there problems.
- What language settings do you use, have you ever changed them?
- Do you have any other keyboard-related software?
- File encoding issues? I.e. what is the encoding of the script?
- Try and think of anything keyboard-related, or anything in the script, that could be a source of the problem.
- A workaround script:
- Is there any weird code near any of the #q hotkey labels? Or weird, possibly invisible, characters.
- Try commenting out all of the #q hotkeys, and adding a new one at the bottom of the script.
- I had this problem at some point last year it turns out, I don't know what caused it, but I must have fixed it. If you try the things that I suggested, hopefully you'll be able to figure something out.