problems running ahk

Report problems with documented functionality
hughesb6

problems running ahk

13 Apr 2017, 13:14

I installed ahk, and after a few minutes of running the script I wrote, which is below, the program causes my keyboard and mouse to go crazy and stop function correctly. For example, with the keyboard if I try to type a word all kinds of windows open up as if I were using key shortcuts. With the mouse if I try to click on a folder on my desk top it will highlight all icons but not open any of them. I have to reboot once thhis happens and I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Has anyone else had this problem? I am using the 32bit version, an I am running win 7 pro. Please provide any help you can. I think this is a very nice program. I ran the scannow utility and it didn't find anything, I paused my eset antivirus while downloading, installing, and using the program, and after a few times of editing the script it all goes crazy.

RunWait, C:\Users\Bryan\Desktop\test.txt
lexikos

Re: problems running ahk

13 Apr 2017, 17:00

It sounds like the OS thinks your modifier keys are stuck/being held down. There is no way that AutoHotkey on its own can cause that with the one-line script you posted. It does not register any hotkeys, use anything which would require the keyboard hook to be installed, or change the state of the keyboard in any way (like Send).

Usually if you just press and release each modifier key the problem will go away, as the OS will update its record of the key state. (That is difficult if you're lacking one of the modifier keys, as I was lacking a Windows key the first time I encountered this problem. In fact, that was before I'd ever heard of a Windows key.)
jrmocfl

Re: problems running ahk

25 May 2017, 07:57

I have been using ahk for a month now and having the same exact problem. How can we avoid the problem? I am currently using Left-Ctrl, Windows Key, Left-Alt, and the letter p to display text. Should I use different keys to prevent this issue?

Return to “Bug Reports”