[off-topic] False Positives

Report problems with documented functionality
PuzzledGreatly

[off-topic] False Positives

16 May 2017, 18:55

Not a bug report but Virus total gives a very bad score for the 1.1.25.02 release: 10 out of 61 tests indicate malware. Usually the score is 1-2. Why so high for this version? My rule of thumb is not to install anything that fails by four or more. Thanks
stealzy

Re: [off-topic] False Positives

17 May 2017, 11:02

I risked installing the new version, and my computer blow up.
Write from toster now. DO NOT INSTALL IT!
jNizM

18 May 2017, 00:49

Dont blame the new AutoHotkey.exe on the first day...
You chould upload new exe, wait a few day's and reupload the exe on VirusTotal before you should trust the result... now its 1 / 61
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/a50f ... 495086383/
[AHK] v2.0.5 | [WIN] 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | [GitHub] Profile
PuzzledGreatly

18 May 2017, 23:03

Thanks jNizM, hadn't noticed it was the first day. stealzy that must be some toaster! Personally I wouldn't want my toaster going online, Microsoft might burn the toast.
Michalet

20 May 2017, 19:41

Damn, I was confused. I had just formatted my PC and one of the first things I install is Autohotkey. My PC didn't even want to download it, Firefox kept saying the download got interrupted for unknown reasons. But when I went to download older versions, I could. So I figured some AV program was probably blocking it. I downloaded the 'supposedly infected' .EXE on my phone and then went straight to VirusTotal, where I saw the high amount of false positives too, and I decided to temporarily stay away from Autohotkey until things were fixed. I trust the developers but I was thinking someone could hack into the servers and place an infected Autohotkey installer on it or something..

Anyway, I really REALLY need AutoHotkey for a whooole lot of things, so I came back today and saw it was fixed. I'm glad I have Autohotkey back!!! :D :D

Return to “Bug Reports”