ALT+another_key sends ALT+CTRL Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Kkkkkkkk

ALT+another_key sends ALT+CTRL  Topic is solved

08 Aug 2017, 11:09

I was trying to disable ALT+Tab functionality when playing games, and wrote a short script. !Tab::return Turns out the script sends ALT+CTRL when the ALT+TAB hotkey is triggered. Tested with other ALT+key as hotkey, CTRL is sent in most combinations. Tested it out with http://en.key-test.ru/ and http://www.keyboardtester.com/tester.html, both URLs are to online keyboard tester. Someone else from the Discord server also tested and report that it also happens on their PC.
My details: AHK 1.1.26.01 64-bit, Windows 10 creators update
Delta Pythagorean

Re: ALT+another_key sends ALT+CTRL

08 Aug 2017, 18:25

Alt Tab is built into the system, meaning that when you try to change or block it, it will overwrite any changes.
My suggestion is to go here: https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/1196 ... ab-hotkey/

[AHK]......: v2.0.12 | 64-bit
[OS].......: Windows 11 | 23H2 (OS Build: 22621.3296)
[GITHUB]...: github.com/DelPyth
[PAYPAL]...: paypal.me/DelPyth
[DISCORD]..: tophatcat

Kkkkkkkk

09 Aug 2017, 03:27

I've already looked into that before making this post. It's not about not being able to block/remove the ALT+TAB function.
Go ahead and try these few hotkeys

Code: Select all

!Tab::return	;sends alt+ctrl
!1::send G		;sends alt+ctrl then sends G
!2::send G		;sends alt+ctrl then sends G
!3::return		;does nothing
!4:return		;does nothing
hotkeys with send command mapped to it will send ALT+CTRL then proceeds to perform the send command, did not try with other commands tho.
alt+key does nothing when partner with return except alt+tab, which also sends ALT+CTRL
Kkkkkkkk

10 Aug 2017, 01:54

Helgef wrote:The sent control is intended, see #MenuMaskKey.
Oh... okay then... I guess my deep digging is not deep enough.
Thanks for pointing out the #MenuMaskKey
This thread can be closed now
obeeb

12 Aug 2017, 16:34

Quite an amazing coincidence, I just went back to using Autohotkey after not using it for at least months and encountered a very similar problem. Even more amazingly today was the first time I entered the "Bug Reports" forum to post a different possible bug and saw your post a couple posts below mine by complete coincidence!!!

My issue was with the Send command sending Ctrl unexpectedly, this really should be better documented. Send sending controls and #MenuMaskKey having an effect on it is only mentioned in the release notes.
lexikos

27 Dec 2017, 20:01

For v1.1.27.00, there are now links to #MenuMaskKey under the ! and # modifiers, some explanation in the remarks for Send, and more detail on the #MenuMaskKey page. The behaviour for hook hotkeys has also been improved to avoid sending the mask key if some other key has been pressed or sent (and not suppressed).

As for the original report, I have marked Helgef's post as the solution and moved the topic to Ask for Help, as it was not a bug.

If Ctrl causes issues, the mask key can be changed with #MenuMaskKey. Alternatively, in v1.1.27.00+ one can send any other key before Alt is released. The keyboard hook detects this and avoids sending the mask key (because Send already had the effect of masking Alt).

Code: Select all

!Tab::Send {Blind}{vk07 up}

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”