"Ahk_64 Unicode has stopped working." Killed my mouse and keyboard drivers. System unusable until reboot.

Report problems with documented functionality
Megaddd

"Ahk_64 Unicode has stopped working." Killed my mouse and keyboard drivers. System unusable until reboot.

31 Aug 2017, 10:47

Pretty much title. Had to resort to the reset switch, as re-plugging the mouse and keyboard (a PS2 keyboard, no less) resulted in them not being powered. Had a windows application crash window pop for Ahk_64 unicode something and all of my hardware input, including drawing tablet, was dead.

I'm not sure where I'd find the logs for an AHK driver crash, if someone could tell me I'll put them up in a jiffy.
Nextron

Re: "Ahk_64 Unicode has stopped working." Killed my mouse and keyboard drivers. System unusable until reboot.

31 Aug 2017, 11:36

If AHK installs keyboard and mouse hooks, input can be delayed when AHK is not responding. However, as described here at LowLevelHooksTimeout, the hook times out if it takes too long, making your input devices responsive again. I believe the default time is 7 seconds, so you could check if that value is modified on your system.
gregster

Re: "Ahk_64 Unicode has stopped working." Killed my mouse and keyboard drivers. System unusable until reboot.

31 Aug 2017, 11:49

Another question might also be: What was first, hen or egg? Did AHK cause the problems or did it fail because something else killed the drivers first...?
lexikos

26 Nov 2017, 23:20

AutoHotkey doesn't include any drivers. It is entirely user-mode.

I always thought that "<program name> has stopped working" only came up after the program terminated. If the program isn't running, there are no hooks, so the hooks can't have any effect.

Return to “Bug Reports”