AHK sends unwanted keystrokes on Windows login screen

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
AniRayn

AHK sends unwanted keystrokes on Windows login screen

30 Sep 2017, 06:24

I have the code below in my compiled script which is set to run at Windows startup.
Problem is that every time I wake my PC from sleep I have the magnifier already launched. I'm guessing AHK just automatically triggers itself and sends the keystrokes.
I noticed the problem usually happens when I leave my PC to sleep for more than 4 hours. If I just set it to sleep then wake up right away, there is no magnifier. Also I don't have this problem if I disable the hotkey in my script.
My Windows and Autohotkey are both 64-bit.

Would really appreciate any suggestions on how to work around this :)

Code: Select all

SendMode Input 

SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% 

DetectHiddenWindows, on

^!+M::StartClose("magnify.exe") ;Ctrl+Shift+Alt+M

StartClose(exe)
{
    Process, Exist, %exe% ; check to see if program is running
    If (ErrorLevel = 0) ; If program is not running -> Run
    {
		Run, %exe%
    }
    Else ; If program is running, ErrorLevel = process id for the target program -> Close
    {
		Process, Close, %ErrorLevel%
    }
}
lexikos

Re: AHK sends unwanted keystrokes on Windows login screen

26 Nov 2017, 01:00

It is very unlikely that AutoHotkey is causing this. The script you posted does not send any keystrokes, and will only launch magnify.exe when the system notifies AutoHotkey that the Ctrl+Alt+Shift+M hotkey was pressed. Magnifier is most likely being launched by the OS due to some system setting and/or the mere fact that you had been using it previously.

You can verify that the magnifier is being launched by something other than AutoHotkey:
  • Using ListLines after the magnifier appears will show whether Run was called.
  • Add MsgBox or FileAppend to a log file. If magnifier launches and there is no MsgBox or change to the log file, magnifier was started by something else.
  • Sysinternals Process Explorer shows each process nested (indented) under its parent process. If magnify.exe was started by the script, it will be nested under your script.exe (or AutoHotkey.exe).
I suggest you check the "Start Magnifier automatically" system setting, both before and after the issue occurs.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”