False Positive: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO and Windows 8

Report problems with documented functionality
PuzzledGreatly

False Positive: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO and Windows 8

22 Oct 2013, 22:05

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO (MBAM) is quarantining compiled AHK scripts on Windows 8 64 bit as a Trojan.Downloader. MBAM doesn't do this on Windows 7 with either 32 bit or 64 bit compiled scripts. Can anyone else confirm this problem. Thanks.
DataLife

Re: False Positive: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO and Window

22 Oct 2013, 23:43

If you do a google search for site: autohotkey.com virus you will see tons of posts about this.

The problem is with anti-virus software makers, not with AHK.

After compiling my program that I distribute for free I submitted a false-positive report to most of the larger anti-virus company. They review your compiled program and fix their latest virus definitions to not detect it again.

You can submit your compiled script to virustotal.com and it will check your file and report back which virus('s) and which company detected it.
Check out my scripts. (MyIpChanger) (ClipBoard Manager) (SavePictureAs)
All my scripts are tested on Windows 10, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.
PuzzledGreatly

23 Oct 2013, 05:51

Thanks, I didn't mean to suggest the problem was with AHK. But I wonder why exe files compiled on Windows 7 are OK while those compiled on Windows 8 are not.
lexikos

23 Oct 2013, 16:11

Is it scripts compiled on Windows 8, or compiled scripts on Windows 8? I'd guess that it's not where you compile, but which system MBAM is running on.

Anyway, there's not much point posting here. Send the file to the AV vendor.

Return to “Bug Reports”