Combobox Bug Topic is solved

Report problems with documented functionality
jeeswg

Re: Combobox Bug

06 Apr 2018, 09:00

- Thanks for your input lexikos. Indeed it appears that GetDlgCtrlID was not necessary.
- This script is working for me on the Notepad (Windows 7) Save As dialog.

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

- IIRC, it is only by using CBN_SELENDOK := 9 that I have been able to successfully use ComboBoxes on Open/Save As dialogs on Windows 7. The problem was very noticeable when I moved from Windows XP to Windows 7.
- The original script I based the code on used GetWindowLong with GWL_ID, not GetDlgCtrlID:
windows - How to simulate selection change in the "file type" ComboBox in GetSaveFileName dialog from a separate process? - Stack Overflow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28952380/how-to-simulate-selection-change-in-the-file-type-combobox-in-getsavefilename
lexikos
GitHub: Lexikos

Re: Combobox Bug

06 Apr 2018, 17:21

jeeswg wrote:- Thanks for your input lexikos. Indeed it appears that GetDlgCtrlID was not necessary.
In this case. If a control has an ID, it is likely the application uses it to identify the control. If you don't specify the correct ID, it will not work with such applications. If you specify the wrong ID, it will not work and may have unwanted effects. However, Control ChooseString already sends WM_COMMAND if the ID is non-zero, and it will do so if the ID is zero in future.
lexikos
GitHub: Lexikos

Re: Combobox Bug  Topic is solved

07 Apr 2018, 21:20

Both issues are fixed in v1.1.28.02.

Return to “Bug Reports”