Can I discuss close source ahk script here?

Talk about anything
ccchan234

Can I discuss close source ahk script here?

30 Jul 2023, 22:40

i dont see too much technical help from others,
but it's always good to have a discussion.

i'll prefer to deliver my ahk script as compiled .exe /w PGP key,
so others could help to test drive it.
since no one is interested in the technical programming,
i dont see any need to make the source code available.

any statements from the forum?
esp the high over looking admins?

thank you
gregster

Re: Can I discuss close source ahk script here?

31 Jul 2023, 10:18

Imo, without the source code, it is not particularly interesting for the AutoHotkey forums and wouldn't fit in any of the AHK-specific subforums.
On the other hand, the forum has a general rule that says "No closed-source scripts/code." - the Off-topic area is not meant for circumventing that rule. So far I don't see a reason which would justify an exception in this case.

You recently complained about the rules and policies of these forums and refused to use code tags (or you would stop posting code at all). Other staff members deleted some of your posts as being unappropriate or offtopic; it also seems that you are starting to use the 'Radial menu scripts' topic as some kind of personal blog for promoting your own version of a completely different script. This all adds to my skepticism re allowing you the discussion of closed source AHK scripts in the 'Off-topic' section.

That's my view on it as one of the forum moderators.
ccchan234

31 Jul 2023, 10:36

On the other hand, the forum has a general rule that says "No closed-source scripts/code."<----------------any clear statement on this? or may i ask is this your personal hallucination? thank you.
ccchan234

31 Jul 2023, 10:37

gregster wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 10:18
Imo, without the source code, it is not particularly interesting for the AutoHotkey forums and wouldn't fit in any of the AHK-specific subforums.
On the other hand, the forum has a general rule that says "No closed-source scripts/code." - the Off-topic area is not meant for circumventing that rule. So far I don't see a reason which would justify an exception in this case.

You recently complained about the rules and policies of these forums and refused to use code tags (or you would stop posting code at all). Other staff members deleted some of your posts as being unappropriate or offtopic; it also seems that you are starting to use the 'Radial menu scripts' topic as some kind of personal blog for promoting your own version of a completely different script. This all adds to my skepticism re allowing you the discussion of closed source AHK scripts in the 'Off-topic' section.

That's my view on it as one of the forum moderators.
when some people are bound to rules set by others, i feel very sad for the former to obey them.
esp those who feel proud to do so.
humanity didn't advance in that way.

OMG may be i got anti social personality?
gregster

31 Jul 2023, 10:46

ccchan234 wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 10:36
On the other hand, the forum has a general rule that says "No closed-source scripts/code."<----------------any clear statement on this? or may i ask is this your personal hallucination? thank you.
I prefer to limit my personal hallucinations to my private life. Regarding these forums, I prefer (as you should) to stick to the forum rules: https://www.autohotkey.com/forumrules/#open_source
what others bound to rules set by the others, i feel very sad for the 1st batch of people to obey them.
esp those who feel proud to do so.
humanity didn't advance in that way.
AHK will celebrate its 20th birthday this year. That's the time the community has with providing support forums. The current forum rules - as well as the terms of use and the forum structure - were created based on the broad experience of what works - and what not. If you feel some kind of greatness while refusing a few basic rules which help to make this a productive community, I feel pity for you. So far, your behaviour here hasn't been impressive.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”