Are we anti-cheat?

Talk about anything
Capn Odin

Are we anti-cheat?

09 Jun 2016, 13:08

Nextron wrote:Not knowing which video you are referring to but, yes it would be possible to make a no-recoil script for most -if not all- games. To make it any good it would probably need to take many factors into account, such as weapon type, attachments, fatigue, stance, burst bullets fired and many more. So it will take a lot of time to write, which makes it unlikely somebody will just do it for you.

Besides that, helping people cheat is not in AutoHotkey's best interest, so that won't get you much help either.
Are we anti cheat ?

[topic split from: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 18&t=18830 - tidbit]
Please excuse my spelling I am dyslexic.
tidbit

Re: Rainbow Six Siege No recoil?

09 Jun 2016, 18:58

Capn Odin wrote:
Nextron wrote:Not knowing which video you are referring to but, yes it would be possible to make a no-recoil script for most -if not all- games. To make it any good it would probably need to take many factors into account, such as weapon type, attachments, fatigue, stance, burst bullets fired and many more. So it will take a lot of time to write, which makes it unlikely somebody will just do it for you.

Besides that, helping people cheat is not in AutoHotkey's best interest, so that won't get you much help either.
Are we anti cheat ?
I am. many people are, thus why we made a Gaming sub-section so we don't have to see them.
If this was my forum I'd ban game questions, like autoit forums. strictly no games. But I'm not incharge and a lot of people think that's a bad idea.

I shall be moving this.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
Nextron

10 Jun 2016, 03:18

Capn Odin wrote:Are we anti cheat ?
tidbit wrote:Autohotkey will now have a strict "no pranks or purposefully annoying or other harmful stuff allowed" policy.

Absolutely none.
That sticky hasn't moved from the old forum to the new, but it still makes sense. It annoyed the hell out of me that I had to shut down AHK and my AHK-written security camera display when playing Battlefield because Punkbuster detected suspicious processes.
tidbit

10 Jun 2016, 09:56

Nextron wrote:
Capn Odin wrote:Are we anti cheat ?
tidbit wrote:Autohotkey will now have a strict "no pranks or purposefully annoying or other harmful stuff allowed" policy.

Absolutely none.
That sticky hasn't moved from the old forum to the new, but it still makes sense. It annoyed the hell out of me that I had to shut down AHK and my AHK-written security camera display when playing Battlefield because Punkbuster detected suspicious processes.
This is getting offtopic from the original question, but short answer, Nextron:
I made a new poll in the staff section since this forum has more than 1 or 2 active staff. Basically that strict zero-prank policy doesn't exist anymore.
here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/vqbw1AY.png
60% said "per prank basis". But no one has made a topic with rules of things that should and shouldn't be accepted on this forum. So far it's basically "use common sense and don't be mean".
we need a topic like autoits "forum rules" https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topi ... rum-rules/
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
victorel

11 Jun 2016, 07:00

tidbit wrote: I am. many people are, thus why we made a Gaming sub-section so we don't have to see them.
If this was my forum I'd ban game questions, like autoit forums. strictly no games. But I'm not incharge and a lot of people think that's a bad idea.
That's at odds with the presence of a section on gaming in the "AutoHotkey Beginner Tutorial by tidbit
".
Like saying that we discourage theft (admittedly not a fair comparison) but, hmm, if you really want to succeed at that, here are for you this and this piece of advice (https://autohotkey.com/docs/Tutorial.htm#s31)

Btw, I enjoyed that tutorial :)
tidbit

Re: Are we anti-cheat?

11 Jun 2016, 10:03

victorel wrote:
tidbit wrote: I am. many people are, thus why we made a Gaming sub-section so we don't have to see them.
That's at odds with the presence of a section on gaming in the "AutoHotkey Beginner Tutorial by tidbit
".
Like saying that we discourage theft (admittedly not a fair comparison) but, hmm, if you really want to succeed at that, here are for you this and this piece of advice (https://autohotkey.com/docs/Tutorial.htm#s31)

Btw, I enjoyed that tutorial :)
I added that because I wanted to cover FAQs, whether I liked the topic or not. AHK staff allows gaming, it's an FAQ and I was making a tutorial, so why not add it if it might reduce the amount of questions we see on the forum.

I'm not the decider of the rules, so my word isn't final word, it's just my opinion not a rule. We've allowed gaming since day 1 so just because some (a lot, but probably the minority. I could start a poll to see "do you care that ahk is used to cheat/macro/bot/automate games?") members (including me) don't like it doesn't mean "we discourage theft"

Also, Thanks :D GeekDude did the Objects/array section, had a bunch of help with the HTML part, I had over 500 errors (obsolete/deprecated/poor html choices) x__x
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
joedf

11 Jun 2016, 15:03

It's a blurred "yes-and-no" situation... Generally, I would say here is yes.
Personally, I don't mind cheating for OFFLINE ONLY. :/
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
tidbit

11 Jun 2016, 15:19

Heh, ya, I guess OFFLINE ONLY and ROMs are fine, I guess. Where there's no chance of ruining other peoples experience . Just affect yourself. I would say play through once, legit. Then load up some scripts/cheats/bots and have fun.

As for truly disabled people, yes it's fine (online too), let them try and get on the same playing field as non-disabled people. But nothing too over-the-top. Just help with keys/controls/movement assist stuff.

Otherwise if you're a fully-abled person just trying to bot or bypass the grind or get an advantage or autofire or remove recoil or auto-bhop with no effort or farm gold to make real $ or whatever, I don't care for that kind of stuff. You got the game, play it, the good parts and the bad parts. Otherwise move on to a new game (you probably have a backlog of 57 unplayed games from steam sales. Play em).
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
victorel

12 Jun 2016, 09:10

IMO, the official tutorial included in the documentation is one of the official faces of Autohotkey, it is the main entry point to many beginners.
If there are concerns that supporting people cheat in games damages the reputation of Autohotkey, then I would say such support should be limited.

So if it were up to me, I would remove the Gaming section from the tutorial, and leave that info buried in FAQs.
But I agree with tidbit and joedf that it is probably not necessary to go as far as ban all gaming questions and support everywhere.
sinkfaze

13 Jun 2016, 08:23

It's so amusing to me to see people talk about being "anti-cheat". AHK likely wouldn't be where it is today without those people who were looking for assistance in gaming.
Xtra

13 Jun 2016, 11:40

What gamers do not realize if they make something that a gaming company does not like and then have it posted and available,
it's going to be a higher chance of AHK not being allowed to be run while playing that game.

Also worth noting if you sell your script/program for money and it gives an unfair advantage some of them gaming companies will come after you with their legal team and shut you down.(This would mainly be bots and maphacks etc) Don't think so? look up Blizzard they have done it.

So if you are a smart gamer you would be wise to think about what you post.

just my 2c
Bribed

13 Jun 2016, 17:26

Xtra wrote:What gamers do not realize if they make something that a gaming company does not like and then have it posted and available,
it's going to be a higher chance of AHK not being allowed to be run while playing that game.

Also worth noting if you sell your script/program for money and it gives an unfair advantage some of them gaming companies will come after you with their legal team and shut you down.(This would mainly be bots and maphacks etc) Don't think so? look up Blizzard they have done it.

So if you are a smart gamer you would be wise to think about what you post.

just my 2c
Come on first you cannot sell a script because you have to provide source code. Second we just coding gaming companies punishes the cheater not the creator of the cheat.if I create a cheat that means that I win and your security is not that good enough. Ahk is scripting language and everyone can code anything even cheat if you could call then cheats.
tidbit

13 Jun 2016, 18:22

"Come on first you cannot sell a script because you have to provide source code."
wrong. this has been discussed A LOT.

hard to follow what you're saying for #2
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Xeo786

16 Jun 2016, 07:17

Waiting for universal gaming anti-cheat program, :thumbup: like we do install anti-virus program :mrgreen: , and gamer do need anti-cheat program for gaming 8-) . Then we would have two types of serves for online gaming, :angel: one for cheaters where cheater only can cheat with other cheaters that will trigger war for better cheating code :twisted: and second protected with anti-cheat would have clean gaming :dance:
"When there is no gravity, there is absolute vacuum and light travel with no time" -Game changer theory
vasili111

16 Jun 2016, 08:50

I think gaming discussion should not be banned from forums and here is why:

1. Many people initially came to AutoHotkey from gaming and when they see the real power of AutoHotkey they are using it for other non-gaming related tasks. Many of these people (including myself) are losing interest in game automation and are focusing on more interesting non-gaming tasks. So with game automation, AutoHotkey is actually getting many users that at the end are interesting in non-gaming related automation.
2. I really believe that in long run botting in MMOs is really useful for gaming community. Game developers are forced to make their games so that player has to do less repetitive tasks, which makes making bots much harder and gameplay more interesting. That is clearly visible in latest MMOs where there is much less repetitive tasks to do that in MMOs that where created 4-5 years ago and that is thanks to game bots. But all of that is not true for autofire scripts but I think we shall not bun them too.
3. If we ban gaming discussion we actually will not do big change of botting world. There are much bigger forums dedicated to botting and banning gaming discussion here will not make any substantial harm to botting.
4. Banning gaming discussion here will not exclude AutoHotkey from game anticheat blacklists.
DRAKON-AutoHotkey: Visual programming for AutoHotkey.
joedf

16 Jun 2016, 09:28

Gaming will not be banned.
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”