What is Autohotkey Topic is solved

Talk about anything
Weirdo

What is Autohotkey

04 Dec 2016, 09:21

So what autohotkey is ?
Application,software that automate things or it is a scripting language for windows ?
nnnik

Re: What is Autohotkey  Topic is solved

04 Dec 2016, 16:18

It is a scripting language for windows with a focus on automating other types of Applications easily.
Recommends AHK Studio
Weirdo

Re: What is Autohotkey

04 Dec 2016, 16:45

Ok thanks for clarifying that.
You know what? I really become nervous when people call autohotkey a tool.How it could be a tool and scripting language at the same time ...What tool is that?Tools no need coding as autohotkey does..its not even application software.
lexikos

05 Dec 2016, 03:26

You must have a mistakenly narrow view of what a "tool" is.
Google's dictionary wrote:a thing used to help perform a job.
"computers are an essential tool"
dictionary.com wrote:5. anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose
AutoHotkey is a tool.

AutoHotkey is not a scripting language. That is just one part of AutoHotkey. A language is an abstract thing, like a set of rules. AutoHotkey is (also) a program which takes code written in that language and does something with it (usually something useful).

AutoHotkey is application software.
Applications software (also called end-user programs) include such things as database programs, word processors, Web browsers and spreadsheets.
Source: What is Application (Application Software)? Webopedia Definition
These are just the common examples of applications software, and yet the most common products in these categories utilise scripting. Sometimes scripting is an integral part of these applications, no less than it is in AutoHotkey.

All programs need coding; they are built on it. Users of AutoHotkey are expected to write code, but it isn't a requirement. You can copy someone else's code, or use another tool (like Pulover's Macro Creator) to help you use AutoHotkey without writing code yourself.
vasili111

05 Dec 2016, 14:32

I think Autohotkey is a programming language.
DRAKON-AutoHotkey: Visual programming for AutoHotkey.
budRich

09 Dec 2016, 00:03

Auto - Is the Father, Hot - Is the Sun, key - Is ... where is my key!!!???
That's how i see it.
budRich

09 Dec 2016, 00:11

Also weirdo: there is no reason to get nervous. AHK is free, just download it, read the docs and try it out, it won't bite. Don't get too hung up on what it's called, you'll get it after an hour or two of usage. Getting nervous by the definition of free software... either you are really young, or you don't have an easy life my friend. If I even hinted about the things that make me nervous, I am afraid you would get a stroke..

You are weird, weirdo, but i think you know that. I like you.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”