One post per person.

Talk about anything
tidbit

One post per person.

10 Dec 2016, 16:53

Random forum game idea:
- If someone posts something and you want to reply to it (or just update your post), you have to edit your existing post.
- You cannot make a new post beyond your original post.
- It's like « What's on your mind? » but each person is allowed only 1 post.
- You can quote as much stuff as you want, or start fresh. Might want to use Spoilers to fold long/old stuff up.

Each person can only have 1 post in this topic*.

example:
user1 says something, user3 replies:
user1: I like candy
user2: dogs are an animal
user3: what kind of candy?

user1 replies to user3 by editing his post. user2 updates his post, just because:
user1: "what kind of candy?" gummy bears!
user2: cats are the enemies of dogs.
user3: what kind of candy?

... and so on ...
*as admin and topic starter, I may or may not delete posts not following the games rules.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
tidbit

Re: One post per person.

10 Dec 2016, 16:54

Helgef wrote:That's nice, the dark theme though... :ugeek:
I use an extension called "dark reader" in vivaldi (chrome extension). it's pretty good except the fact it also tries to invert certain images (not all).
it tries to do smart color changes to make any site dark, but for many sites it just sucks. luckily there's a whitelist/blacklist system, and various darkness/color options.
I switched to vivaldi from Maxthon which used to have a great built-in "make all pages dark" feature (night mode), but recent versions destroyed that. it's a required feature/addon for me.

and that is a sexy cup of coffee.
original
Last edited by tidbit on 11 Dec 2016, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
Helgef

11 Dec 2016, 01:27

tidbit wrote: Vivaldi shows graphics :)
That's nice, the dark theme though... :ugeek:
My phone browser do have some mad barista skills:

Pinned:
Recycle bin
Last edited by Helgef on 20 Dec 2016, 11:39, edited 5 times in total.
Exaskryz

11 Dec 2016, 15:21

@budRich What's the difference between ground and whole beans in terms of coffee quality? I don't drink coffee, so I have no clue.

@tidbit Also, winner of the games were Lions over Bears, Vikings over Jaguars, and Patriots over Ravens. I'm 1/3. :(

@gues3456 bingo!

@simplysunny this is the difference
Draft 1
Last edited by Exaskryz on 13 Dec 2016, 22:17, edited 2 times in total.
budRich

11 Dec 2016, 16:42

I just got some stuff sent to me from Sweden. I have been waiting almost 6months for this box to get sent. It was supposed to contain my magic the gathering cards an LCD screen and an external HDD with my music and wallpaper collection.. No such things but:
A mill for coffee beans! (i haven't found a place to buy beans anywhere here)
Exaskryz wrote: What's the difference between ground and whole beans in terms of coffee quality? I don't drink coffee, so I have no clue.
I experience a big difference in richness of taste when i grind the beans myself. Most cafes grind the beans now, often it's automatic and built in to the coffee machine. It is very logic and it has to do with the natural oils in the beans and such, it's fresh, you know. Best thing is to get really good beans, put them in the freezer and then take out daily portions and grind for every can. Call me hipster i don't care, as long as my coffee is top notch!
Helgef wrote: That is unacceptable, move back!
I actually found a place today! But they insisted to grind the beans, or they didn't understand that i wanted whole beans. But I bought a small bag just to taste the quality, will go back and explain if it is good. I also bought a cup of coffee, it was the worst coffee i have had since i got here... The coffee here is excellent most of the time, and i will find the best beans now that I have the mill. Whatever it takes, I really don't want to move back, if I have to move I go to a saner place then Sweden. But right now, i really, really want to stay here, i got people that i care for very much here. Beautiful people.
I am drinking the first ☕ (thanks Helgef!) made from the coffee i bought right now, incredibly good. They called it Esspresso 100% Arabica. I hope I can find some different beans, you know, the best coffee is often a bit more expensive, and if one drinks it all the time, it becomes the regular coffee. I want one all-the-time-cheaper-but-good bean, and some more special for those special moments or special persons.
More goodies in the box from sweden
Last edited by budRich on 14 Dec 2016, 22:58, edited 3 times in total.
guest3456

12 Dec 2016, 08:15

i dont get whats the point of this format

simply to make it as difficult as possible to follow any train of thought?

tidbit wrote: Something like that :P and it was just a random idea. But it's also not too hard to read as it won't become 282 pages long, it'll probably only be 1-3 pages, easy to look over.
we shall see i guess. would be nice if the quotes showed their original timestamp like on some other forums. but maybe that won't matter since we won't know the individual edit times
Last edited by guest3456 on 12 Dec 2016, 10:57, edited 4 times in total.

simplysunny

12 Dec 2016, 10:49

I'm already lost. Not sure how it's different to the 'what's on your mind thread'
nnnik

14 Dec 2016, 12:05

Recommends AHK Studio

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”