AHK script tries to reach the Internet by default

Talk about anything
randal

AHK script tries to reach the Internet by default

28 Jul 2017, 06:33

Hello,

I have a short question:
After I start the .exe file of a converted AHK script, my firewall detects a try to reach an external address. In my case: 95.100.202.192.
How can I disable this? I don't want to have any internal or external connections to the network.

Thanks in advance!
jNizM

Re: AHK script tries to reach the Internet by default

28 Jul 2017, 06:35

Normally there should no connection to internet. So there should be something in this code.
[AHK] v2.0.5 | [WIN] 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | [GitHub] Profile
randal

28 Jul 2017, 06:49

Nope. Nothing wrong.
Quite short and straight forward:

Code: Select all

; Move the mouse to a new position:
MouseMove, 200, 100

; Move the mouse slowly (speed 50 vs. 2) by 20 pixels to the right and 30 pixels down
; from its current location:
MouseMove, 20, 30, 50, R
This behavior (trying to connect to the above mentioned IP) must be part of the AHK framework. Unfortunately invisible to me.
Last edited by randal on 28 Jul 2017, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
randal

28 Jul 2017, 15:05

Now I know why was this happening. It has placed an ad shortcut on my start menu. Something connected with a sale on steam for some game.
I have to say I don't like this. I am OK with the developer wanting to make some money through advertising, I am a developer myself.
But at least as an user of the piece of software I want to get informed about this!!! This is called "unwanted application" or even "adware".

28 Jul 2017, 15:30

What posted the add? Not the official standard AutoHotkey install you get from this site https://autohotkey.com/download/ I'm sure - where did you get it?
randal

28 Jul 2017, 15:45

Guest wrote:What posted the add? Not the official standard AutoHotkey install you get from this site https://autohotkey.com/download/ I'm sure - where did you get it?
Yes, exactly this one. I didn't get the install, but the zip file without the installer: AutoHotkey_1.1.26.01.zip. It's my work laptop, where I don't have the user permissions to install. Then I used the compiler (Ahk2Exe.exe) and converted my AHK script to an .exe file. And the add was inside. Feel free to try it yourself! Convert some simple script to an .exe and setup your firewall to a restrictive mode or to logging mode. You will see, that your new .exe will try to connect to the internet.
Masonjar13

28 Jul 2017, 16:17

I'm unclear if you're legitimately having a problem, or just trying to just spread slander, but there is no adware/spyware/malware/any kind of malicious-ware in the AHK download package. If you are indeed having an adware problem, you should scan your system. I recommend Malwarebytes.

Note that there is adware that can redirect your traffic through an ad server, which can inject code into things like the webpage (to add advertisements) and downloaded files. This is unrelated to AHK in itself.

Edit: I looked up the IP for you. It's related to AkamiGhost, some type of mirror service by Microsoft on Windows 10.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build

28 Jul 2017, 16:18

Sorry but it doesn't happen here (yes I downloaded it and compiled a script) and I don't see ads or internet connection.

I suggest you scan your computer as it no doubt has some malware, but not in the ZIP file. You can upload it to virustotal.com - https://virustotal.com/en/file/557ed1af ... /analysis/ currently 3/59 (all big AVs list it as clean)
randal

28 Jul 2017, 16:28

My work laptop accesses the internet explicitly through a VPN. It operates behind a heavy corporate firewall. There is for sure no problem with it. Or any kind of malware. This is ridiculous.
Masonjar13

28 Jul 2017, 16:43

As we've all said, this is unrelated to AHK. Topic locked.

Edit: changed my mind, sorry. Please feel free to work out this issue (moved to offtopic).
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build
nnnik

29 Jul 2017, 05:00

AutoHotkeys entire source code is available at GitHub. If you search through it you will find that there i no code that adds "Steam ads".
Whatever added those Steam ads was not part of AutoHotkey. We would be grateful to you if you could track the source behind this.
Recommends AHK Studio
joedf

11 Aug 2017, 10:45

It looks like your system has been infected. If you want proof that this is add free. Here is the source code: https://github.com/Lexikos/AutoHotkey_L/
You can build it and run it. It should like you have something injecting itself into your pc's apps.
Try running adwcleaner and Malwarebytes.
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
guest3456

11 Aug 2017, 22:55

you probably didn't download AHK from the official website, and now your machine is infected

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”