AHK Merch

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
joedf

AHK Merch

14 Aug 2017, 22:32

AHK branded items/merchandise where profits go 100% to foundation.
early idea/Sample (done through BonFire):

Not sure yet, there's also Fundly... Please share your ideas, comments, etc :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
geek

Re: AHK Merch

14 Aug 2017, 22:50

I'd like a sticker to put on the back of my laptop.

Also, custom printed LEGO tiles can be had from third party printing shops.

Image Image
tank

15 Aug 2017, 13:08

Masonjar13 wrote:YES. I would LOVE to have AHK branded stuff!
GeekDude wrote:I'd love some AHK Merch,
According to my agreement with Chris this would be a whole new site. Possibly a candidate for ahkscript.com which we own as a domain. this would be a business endeavor with vendors and fulfillment processing. Someone would need to manage(for hire) the fulfillment and customer service related to it. I am not opposed to building out the necessary E-commerce solution but it needs to be a separate endeavor owned by the Foundation.there would be taxes to file and other book keeping requirements.
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

15 Aug 2017, 13:11

Agreed.
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Xtra

15 Aug 2017, 14:21

Represent your support of AHK with a Green H key cap for your keyboard!..
joedf

15 Aug 2017, 15:02

NICE! ahah Something like this?
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/ ... ycaps.html
Maybe we can a better deal buying in bulk from here? http://www.solutionsinplastic.com/keycaps-101/
Masonjar13

15 Aug 2017, 17:30

Blank keys are pretty cheap, then you just need stickers, but those apply only to mechanicals, correct? I mean, I can't imagine trying to switch out a scissor key. Not sure about membrane, don't think I ever messed with those keys.

Regarding the business portion, I certainly can't help with taxes or shipping or the like. CS, solid maybe. I don't have a high tolerance for disrespectful customers, which is technically required when dealing with returns or refunds. Ideas and designs, absolutely. I wouldn't mind working on the actual website code, either.

For transaction handling, I highly suggest Stripe. Very accommodating, easy implementation, comparatively low fees. They explicitly support non-profit and e-commerce organizations.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build
joedf

15 Aug 2017, 17:35

Yes, Stripe is pretty cool. I don't know yet this is totally hypothetical at the moment. I would like to see some prices, contact some companies for quotes etc. :think:
Masonjar13

15 Aug 2017, 18:08

Of course, I'm just putting down all my thoughts so they're out there and I don't forget :thumbup:
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build
joedf

15 Aug 2017, 18:10

lol me too ahaha
geek

15 Aug 2017, 18:30

According to the foundation page it was "Chris's wish to not monetize AutoHotkey". I'm not entirely sure what angle this is coming from; I'm assuming it refers specifically to making AHK payware/shareware, but I don't know Chris well enough to say I understand his intentions there with certainty.
joedf

16 Aug 2017, 08:07

That's me "paraphrasing" tank "paraphrasing" chris. ;)
It is more specifically stated lower as "Not monetize the software or support site."
That said, we are not monetizing as in profiting from AutoHotkey itself, it more creating the "brand" in which all profits would go to the foundation to help continue providing its services.
The aim here is keeping everything ad-free, and provide different options of contributions donation-wise to the willing users. I think this is where tank was mentioning to create a separate entity owed by the foundation. Also, some just want to share AHK, what better way is there than a sticker, tshirt, or what not :+1:
tank

16 Aug 2017, 08:20

+1 JoeDf
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

16 Aug 2017, 09:05

Notes...
Looks like If im start this is in canada, it would an NPO not a charity.
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... ation.html
Purchase taxes must be paid, and files regular net tax. One or two return forms every 6 months or if income > 200000$ (wowza!).
More info. https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... tions.html

@tank How what was it with registering the LLC? Anything you had to do, what was the process you went through?
tank

16 Aug 2017, 09:27

I used LegalZoom we spend a little more than we get so I haven't had to pay any actual taxes yet. but we aren't in any commerce either so my process is a bit different. once we enter into retail space things will change. I thought taxes were just home jurisdiction... guess perhaps not if its commerce?
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

16 Aug 2017, 10:10

Interesting... Thanks.
Sometimes, you feel like they love to make things cryptic. :p
Nextron

16 Aug 2017, 13:08

Masonjar13 wrote:Blank keys are pretty cheap, then you just need stickers, but those apply only to mechanicals, correct? I mean, I can't imagine trying to switch out a scissor key. Not sure about membrane, don't think I ever messed with those keys.
I so like the idea of key cap stickers. You could stick those on any kind of keyboard. I'd like to have a green H square on my non-mechanical keyboard.
Off-topic: When the paint of my 2 month old backlit laptop key cap came off and warranty didn't cover it, I found out that scissor caps can be easily replaced ($4 cap vs $60 keyboard), but since there are a zillion different sizes, I guess there isn't really a market for it.
joedf wrote:(...) provide different options of contributions donation-wise to the willing users. (...) Also, some just want to share AHK, what better way is there than a sticker, tshirt, or what not :+1:
It appears pens and whiteboard markers are communal property at my office. That will change if I get my hands on AHK branded/stickered ones. :HeHe:
joedf

16 Aug 2017, 16:33

Lol hahaha
Blackholyman

17 Aug 2017, 03:07

The physical act of printing logos on items like t-shirts is the easy part -- the legal issues are the complex part.

You can legally print logos if you own their copyright or have written permission of the copyright owner.

The artist or designer, owns the copyright to a visual artwork upon its creation.

Typically, a written licensing agreement between a copyrighted logo owner and user spells out the circumstances under which the logo may be printed, sold or otherwise distributed. Putting a copyrighted logo on a t-shirt without permission of the owner is an act of copyright infringement.

If you are accused of copyright infringement, the owner of the copyright can sue you for actual or statutory damages, whichever is greater.

Just something to keep in mind, so the first user to create the visual artwork is the copyright owner...

It would be good to know who was first, to do the 3 keyboard keys with the ahk letters on them or the burning key? Just to name the few in this thread, I believe Lex has the rights to the green logo with the comic sens H but i'm not sure...
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:
joedf

17 Aug 2017, 07:32

I really need to who made the original 3key logo. I've been wanting to know this since a very long time.
Also since the logo resolution is too low for printing and many other thing, I was wondering if there was an original .ps or svg file.
I've recreated a version that is a look-a-like but, I would like to have the original... With BonFire, they handle almost everything i think...
https://knowledge.bonfire.com/?s=tax&ht-kb-search=1
But for taxes, Im still looking into NPOs. Also Im not too worried about the logo, If you do find out who... LET ME KNOW! thanks :)

Return to “General Discussion”