Mind Set Topic is solved

Talk about anything
Delta Pythagorean

Mind Set  Topic is solved

14 Sep 2017, 08:10

What's your mind set when it comes to programming?
Do you like to look for one specific problem to fix?
Do you try to show off your skills in programming by making a highly detailed script/program?
Do you tend to veer off topic from your original project to move to another?

Curiosity kills, and for me, procrastination kills even more.
derz00

Re: Mind Set

14 Sep 2017, 08:13

I find things to automate, programs to improve, and do that for a stress reliever (it's just a hobby for me, generally). When I get myself pulled into a project, I tend to use every spare fraction of a minute to work on it.
either stumped or stunned
nnnik

14 Sep 2017, 12:57

I follow my curiosity most of the time. But if I find a problem that I have solved a few times I generalize it.
I liked to show off my skills - which has gotten pointless since it's at a point where I could easily create scripts that are so complex that nobody would ever be able to use or understand them.
I want to create scripts that I can reuse as much as possible. If that script can't be reused there is no point to creating it in the first place.
Recommends AHK Studio
derz00

15 Sep 2017, 04:55

Why are scripts created by experts so complex that they aren't readable? They're written in the same language? I'm just curious
either stumped or stunned
Delta Pythagorean

15 Sep 2017, 07:02

derz00 wrote:Why are scripts created by experts so complex that they aren't readable? They're written in the same language? I'm just curious

The reason the code is so "difficult to understand" is because of how simplified and small the code is.
Most newer programmers tend to not think and they simply do the code that would either seem to expansive, or open ended.
tidbit

16 Sep 2017, 13:14

I do next to nothing (ahk-wise) for months on end until there's something I actually need. I help in irc but 1-5liners don't count.
I don't seek out things to do/learn or challenge myself. no point in fixing things that aint broke.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?

Return to “Offtopic”