Created a Spotify Ad Blocker Topic is solved

Talk about anything
josh8140

Created a Spotify Ad Blocker  Topic is solved

19 Sep 2017, 20:50

I wanted an easy to use Spotify ad blocker that didn't require installation or updates. I know other Spotify ad blockers exist but I haven't found any with an easy setup; they required editing host files, updating ad filters, using the web player, etc.

I'm hoping people will find Spotti the easiest way to block Spotify ads as it just sits in the system tray and automatically detects Spotify and any ads.

I've been running it for over month now and haven't heard any ads since. It uses a simple algorithm which only unmutes Spotify while music is playing so no updates are required for ad filters or detection. Only Spotify's volume is muted so the rest of the systems volume isn't affected while ads are playing. I would recommend placing it inside a folder as a few required files are generated on first run.

I couldn't work out a way to adjust only the volume of Spotify without affecting the rest of the system through AutoHotkey alone. I used NirCmd instead which is included in the compiled script.

I've tested it on a few computers and haven't run into any bugs so I would appreciate any feedback from you all. If you do find a bug or have a suggestion email: [email protected]

Download Spotti here: spottiadblocker[dot]com

Mod Edit: Please remember to share your ahk source when sharing your work on the ahk forums

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”