Lexicos

Talk about anything
boiler

Re: Lexicos

05 Nov 2017, 10:42

No, I didn't assume that at all. In fact, I was acutely aware of exactly who the term I used included and who it didn't. Because of this history of slavery in this country and the use of that term towards African Americans, my statement is correctly singling out specifically Americans of African descent. I am referring specifically to them, well aware it doesn't include everyone whose nationality traces to other continents. They don't have the same history with the word in question.
Masonjar13

Re: Lexicos

05 Nov 2017, 22:42

Hey, someone who paid attention in history! Honestly surprising, and I certainly respect that. (No, I'm not being condescending, but it does kind of sound like it..) You are correct on that non-existent relation. Unfortunately, America, non-exclusively, and as a generalization derived from social outlets and creative works, is oblivious to that fact. Instead, everyone with dark brown/black pigments in their skin is typically assumed to be related to slave history, from a social standpoint, therefore creating a fake relation. Quite alarming, in fact.

There's a reason I distance myself from politics and media in general. Not to be confused with culture, of course. :)
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”