06 Oct 2017, 05:25

Sure he don't mean Lexicos? :P
[AHK] v2.0.5 | [WIN] 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | [GitHub] Profile
Delta Pythagorean

Re: Lexicos

06 Oct 2017, 06:49

I'm lost...

[AHK]......: v2.0.12 | 64-bit
[OS].......: Windows 11 | 23H2 (OS Build: 22621.3296)
[GITHUB]...: github.com/DelPyth
[PAYPAL]...: paypal.me/DelPyth
[DISCORD]..: tophatcat

jmeneses

06 Oct 2017, 08:40

Voucherrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I accept a one octopus as a pet :think: :think:
I repeat

I'm worried, where is Lexikos ?
Donec Perficiam
Gio

06 Oct 2017, 09:36

I found a clue. It probably has something to do with Africa and a long time dream of becoming a journalist.

http://lexikos.journals.ac.za/pub

:think:
Xeo786

02 Nov 2017, 03:02

Gio wrote:I found a clue. It probably has something to do with Africa and a long time dream of becoming a journalist.
wait wai ... are you telling us Lexikos is n**** :think: Lexickos, Lexicos or Lexikos :facepalm:
"When there is no gravity, there is absolute vacuum and light travel with no time" -Game changer theory
Delta Pythagorean

02 Nov 2017, 07:07

Xeo786 wrote: wait wai ... are you telling us Lexikos is n**** :think: Lexickos, Lexicos or Lexikos :facepalm:
There's no need for that kind of language...

[AHK]......: v2.0.12 | 64-bit
[OS].......: Windows 11 | 23H2 (OS Build: 22621.3296)
[GITHUB]...: github.com/DelPyth
[PAYPAL]...: paypal.me/DelPyth
[DISCORD]..: tophatcat

nnnik

02 Nov 2017, 10:30

Xeo786 wrote:
Gio wrote:I found a clue. It probably has something to do with Africa and a long time dream of becoming a journalist.
wait wai ... are you telling us Lexikos is n**** :think: Lexickos, Lexicos or Lexikos :facepalm:
This is your last warning. This sort of behaviour is not accepted in our forums.
Recommends AHK Studio
Xeo786

03 Nov 2017, 00:28

nnnik wrote:
Xeo786 wrote:
This is your last warning. This sort of behaviour is not accepted in our forums.
My apologies .... :(
"When there is no gravity, there is absolute vacuum and light travel with no time" -Game changer theory
guest3456

03 Nov 2017, 08:49

Xeo786 wrote:
nnnik wrote: This is your last warning. This sort of behaviour is not accepted in our forums.
warning? this should be an instant ban. then again, maybe people from Pakistan don't understand common decency.

nnnik

03 Nov 2017, 09:49

It's strange you ask for harsher punishments in regards to insults of certain races while insulting an entire nationality.
I am not sure whether I took the right action - however I felt that action needed to be taken and since nobody else took any sort of action I did.
I really don't know how to judge this case. On one hand I don't want to see this sort of behaviour in any way on the other I don't know who wrote this and why and under which circumstances.
So I took the path that I think will lead to a forum in which things like these don't happen.
If you disagree tell me, how exactly should we deal with people that use racial slurs, segregate others by nationality religion or whatever other features they may have.
Recommends AHK Studio
tank

03 Nov 2017, 10:19

I second guessed instant banhammer which was my gut instinct. So, I reported the post instead to let a cooler head handle it. In an internet culture identifying anyone by his/her race(derogatory or not) is at best inexcusably ignorant and at worst intentional misconduct. neither one is to be tolerated. I applaud nnnik for using a cooler head in this instance
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
Masonjar13

03 Nov 2017, 18:45

While this is wildly off-topic from the off-topic topic, it's important to note that what some countries consider offensive is what other countries accept as general terms. It should, in fact, only be racially offensive to those living in prior slave countries. Everyone else doesn't have a definitive reason for it to be offensive, as it was previously an accepted, non-derogatory term. It's still largely used in America as a non-derogatory term in the form of replacing the "er" with "a." It seems to remove the offense from it in most human minds, and in turn changes it to endearment.

Internet culture stems a great deal from American culture, which is why it's typically not accepted on the internet. But people whose country generally doesn't find it offensive or derogatory and simply just a term, and who had grown up using it as an acceptable term, shouldn't immediately be prosecuted by those who do take offense to it. That's technically, and mutually, cultural insensitivity.

Whether this is applicable to this situation, I'm not declaring. Literary differences between countries is a fascinating topic to me in general. :geek:
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build
Xeo786

04 Nov 2017, 00:10

Well I didn't really thought n*** is not appropriate word. coz English is not my native language. and about instant ban, well I am wrong then admin has authority to ban me, I can only apologies coz human do mistake and then regrets then learn,

and about Pakistan .....! People of Pakistan are way better then guest3456 at least they respect the person when he take responsibility of his mistake. yah every nation has good and bad people, like our Ex Prime minister he is corrupt.

and again I am sorry Lexikos, and everyone.
guest3456

04 Nov 2017, 12:22

nnnik wrote:I am not sure whether I took the right action - however I felt that action needed to be taken and since nobody else took any sort of action I did.
I really don't know how to judge this case. On one hand I don't want to see this sort of behaviour in any way on the other I don't know who wrote this and why and under which circumstances.
So I took the path that I think will lead to a forum in which things like these don't happen.
If you disagree tell me, how exactly should we deal with people that use racial slurs, segregate others by nationality religion or whatever other features they may have.
tank wrote:I second guessed instant banhammer which was my gut instinct. So, I reported the post instead to let a cooler head handle it. In an internet culture identifying anyone by his/her race(derogatory or not) is at best inexcusably ignorant and at worst intentional misconduct. neither one is to be tolerated. I applaud nnnik for using a cooler head in this instance
fair enough, on second thought, i agree, and think you guys acted appropriately. well done

nnnik wrote:It's strange you ask for harsher punishments in regards to insults of certain races while insulting an entire nationality.
Xeo786 wrote:Well I didn't really thought n*** is not appropriate word. coz English is not my native language. and about instant ban, well I am wrong then admin has authority to ban me, I can only apologies coz human do mistake and then regrets then learn,

and about Pakistan .....! People of Pakistan are way better then guest3456 at least they respect the person when he take responsibility of his mistake
i was obviously turning it back on you, just to see how you respond. you certainly didn't like it, right? so maybe next time you will not be so inconsiderate to be racist towards others.

but i too apologize because two wrongs don't make a right. so i'm sorry to you Xeo. i should not have taken that approach

boiler

04 Nov 2017, 21:06

Masonjar13 wrote:It's still largely used in America as a non-derogatory term in the form of replacing the "er" with "a." It seems to remove the offense from it in most human minds, and in turn changes it to endearment.
This is a gross over-generalization. If you are not an African American in the US and you think you can walk up to anyone and use the term with an "a" on the end towards anyone and think most will take it as a term of endearment, you will quickly learn otherwise. African Americans have taken the term and used it to take ownership of it and remove the power of the word by using it within their own community. Sure, you may find examples of others using it, but you will not find that all will be happy that they are.
Masonjar13

05 Nov 2017, 10:31

No one is happy with everyone or everything, being it is that we're human. :lol: Regardless, my statement stands quite well. Obviously, it's used more in some places in America more than others, as all colloquialisms are, and it's certainly not race dependent.

You also seem to assume all dark brown/black skinned people here are of African descent. Awfully presumptuous. I'm aware that's a "PC" term, but also, being "PC" is usually literally incorrect, as politics aren't following any technical rules. Just stuff that's made up to avoid offending the easily offended/make candidates sound more pleasing. Pandering, if you will.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”