AHKathon! [AHK Hackathon] 12/17

Talk about anything
Masonjar13

AHKathon! [AHK Hackathon] 12/17

03 Nov 2017, 20:10

Welcome to a regularly occurring hackathon with no particular schedule at the moment, based around AHK!

Topic: Auto-Clicking

Rules: (may be changed at any time, so please check back before the topic announcement)
  • 1. All code for the hackathon must be written after the topic has been announced. Libraries that already exist may be used, but must be supplementary/must not be the majority of the code. Any other code that has been publicly released may not be used in the hackathon.

2. Absolutely NO closed-source entries will be allowed. All libraries used must also be included in your entry.

3. If entries are dedicated to work with/for other third-party programs, such as a game, they must not break the TOS, EULA, copyright, or other legal documentation.

4. No third-party programs may be used to assist with the code, unless otherwise stated by the topic. DLL's may be used, but the source must also be included or it must be from a reputable source (linked). DLL's already integrated with Windows do not need to be sourced or linked. Other assets, such as images, are also permitted.

5. All entries are subject to disqualification at the discretion of the judge for any reason.
Prizes:
Yes, there will be prizes! The top 3 winners will get Steam/UPlay game keys of incremental value. Keys will be chosen at random. These are keys I have personally stocked up on, with no pattern to genre or quality.

Participation:
Simple! Post your finished code in this thread (if it has multiple files, feel free to use a zip/7z/rar) and you will be entered into the hackathon. Be sure to mark your post with the word "entry," such as "This is my entry!" Only one entry per person! If you have updates to the code, you may edit your post at any time while the hackathon is still running. If you post multiple entries, you must clearly state which is to be used as your official entry.

At this time, I am the sole judge of the entries. Entries will be judged on performance, UI, ease of use, and readability. Only the winners will have their scores posted, while individual scores may be asked for exclusively by the user who posted the entry.

The hackathon will run for 1 week, starting Friday, December 1st @ 12:00am UTC, ending Friday, December 8th @ 11:59pm UTC. Google can provide you with translation to your time zone.

The topic will be announced at the start of the hackathon.

The Future:
I would like to have a entry fee for future AHKathons, all of which would be donated to AutoHotkey Foundation LLC and/or put into prizes. Note that if a fee was introduced, it would not be for all of them. Perhaps every other or something. Please give me feedback on if this would be a good idea or not!

Personal note:
This is meant to be a fun community event, so don't hesitate to get a little creative or weird with your entries! Above all else, just have fun with it :)
Last edited by joedf on 04 Nov 2017, 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build
_3D_

Re: AHKathon! [AHK Hackathon] 12/17

05 Nov 2017, 09:44

Nice. I wish it was great event.

Code: Select all

OnMessage("AHK_Hackathon", "runTheFun")
AHKv2.0 alpha forever.
Peared

06 Nov 2017, 05:09

I'll be there
Entries will be judged on performance, UI, ease of use, and readability.
Performance :roll: My scripts almost never perform, unless unwanted rapid shutdown is the goal, i've nailed that one
Ui :crazy: the Gui usually terminate the script, but it looks cool, i've seen it 5-6 sec in total.
ease of use :facepalm: Script you can't run; you can't use, so ease of
readability :oops: You need an special ability to read my crap, not readability
elModo7

06 Nov 2017, 05:12

Seems like fun even if I'm a noob, I may learn new things / see great coders work.
Cuadrix

06 Nov 2017, 07:46

What's the topic?
Can the code/script be about anything?

EDIT:
Sorry, didn't notice this line; "The topic will be announced at the start of the hackathon."
My bad.
Delta Pythagorean

06 Nov 2017, 08:10

Sounds intriguing... I'm in :D

[AHK]......: v2.0.6 | 64-bit
[OS].......: Windows 11 | 22H2 (OS Build: 22621.1555)
[GITHUB]...: github.com/DelPyth
[PAYPAL]...: paypal.me/DelPyth
[DISCORD]..: tophatcat

You should consider migrating to v2. Practice with small features first such as learning how to do Guis!
Remember to use [code] ... [/code] for your multi-line scripts for the forums.
joedf

06 Nov 2017, 10:24

I am so glad to see the interest growing :dance:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Masonjar13

06 Nov 2017, 13:28

As am I, Joedf! :D And to everyone: this is meant to push and build your skills, as well as to be fun! So even if you don't think you're very good, practice makes perfect and there's no harm in trying. I back you 100%! :thumbsup:

I actually really enjoy seeing new coders' work, because it tends to give me new perspectives when I look at my own code. Others' code in general, in fact. On that note, I also encourage participants to look at others' entries for that reason.

Since this is the first AHKathon, the topic will be fairly simple, and the code, ui, etc., can be as simple or as complex as you'd like! I actually wanted to put creativity on the scoring, but I don't think it would be fair, considering I'm the only judge right now. Perhaps in the future :)
derz00

08 Nov 2017, 11:59

Sounds interesting! I get a kick out of rule #5.

I am no pro, with no training, so I won't do more than watch, and anyways I don't have any want/use for game keys :lolno: :wave:
try it and see
jeeswg

08 Nov 2017, 12:11

Google can provide you with translation to your time zone.
<3

Yes, in many circumstances, Google is your friend.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
dd900

14 Nov 2017, 15:47

This sounds fun...
Masonjar13

14 Nov 2017, 16:29

derz00 wrote:I get a kick out of rule #5.
Well hey, you try writing a list of unacceptable content, without any loopholes! :lol: That's simply a "catch-all" for things that wouldn't be appropriate. I don't intend to be using it, but if it comes up, I'll make the user aware so they may adjust their entry. :thumbup:
jeeswg wrote:Yes, in many circumstances, Google is your friend.
May its usefulness never end. I actually very much prefer searching Google than using the forum search. Also a plus that it will include results from the old forum! Lots of gems there, still :)
derz00

14 Nov 2017, 17:54

Shall we start a thread decrying the lack of privacy in using Google's many products? :roll:
without any loopholes
:beard: Hmmm. Harder than it looks I guess.
try it and see
Masonjar13

14 Nov 2017, 20:16

It's doable, mostly just time consuming, as it would also be for anyone reading it. And sure, there's an Offtopic forum available for just such a reason :P
Toni Yantiani

16 Nov 2017, 14:05

Maybe we will finally see someone come up with a script that turns AHK into a tool that can capture webcam footage and other things that almost all other programs support. Love this hackathon idea because it will get people to unleash creativity beyond our expectations. :ugeek:
BoBo

16 Nov 2017, 14:50

If one of those upcoming topics is related to stuff like [this] there will be a huge crowd of happy AHK Chromistas :thumbup:
Masonjar13

16 Nov 2017, 23:50

Toni Yantiani wrote:Love this hackathon idea because it will get people to unleash creativity beyond our expectations. :ugeek:
Exactly what I was aiming for :thumbup:
BoBo wrote:If one of those upcoming topics is related to stuff like [this] there will be a huge crowd of happy AHK Chromistas :thumbup:
BoBo.. I have no idea what that is :? None of the topics will be very specific, but I'm certainly open to topic suggestions (if you'd like to clear up what category that would be in :) )!
BoBo

17 Nov 2017, 02:10

What about "Browser Automation 3.0" => Chrome ???
Spoiler
A rough description of the task our AutoIT friends have accomplished long ago (OK, what I've understood so far :silent: ):
An AU3 function creates javascript messages that are extracted by the Native Messaging Host who handed them over to a Chrome Extension to trigger content displayed in Google Chrome.

Let's guess something similar (or even more up to date) can be created with AHK as well - supporting the most common browser on this planet attracting the masses :MrGreen:
Capn Odin

17 Nov 2017, 06:58

I have a big assignment due the 6th, so I won't be able to attend, not that this is much of a problem as I am the least creative person in the community.
Please excuse my spelling I am dyslexic.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”