emoticon frenzy

Talk about anything
jeeswg

emoticon frenzy

16 May 2018, 16:50

emoticons aka emojis aka smilies (59 in total)

:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :arrow: :angel: :clap: :crazy: :eh: :lolno: :problem: :shh: :shifty: :sick: :silent: :think: :thumbup: :thumbdown: :salute: :wave: :wtf: :yawn: :facepalm: :bravo: :dance: :beard: :morebeard: :xmas: :HeHe: :trollface: :cookie: :rainbow: :monkeysee: :monkeysay: :happybday: :headwall: :offtopic: :superhappy: :terms: :beer:

:-D :) :wink: :( :-o :shock: :-? 8-) :lol: :-x :-P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :-| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :arrow: :angel: :clap: :crazy: :eh: :lolno: -,- :shh: :shifty: :sick: :silent: :think: :+1: :-1: :O7: :wave: :wtf: :yawn: :facepalm: :bravo: :dance: :beard: :morebeard: :xmas: :HeHe: :troll: :cookie: :rainbow: :monkeysee: :monkeysay: :happybday: :headwall: :offtopic: :superhappy: :terms: :beer:

- I got the emoticons from the preview pane when you edit a post, and from here:
AutoHotkey Community • Smilies
https://autohotkey.com/boards/posting.p ... ilies&f=17
- It turns out that many of the emoticons have 2 variants, i.e. 2 ways to type them. (Click the 'Reply with quote' button to see the underlying text of this post.) (You can copy and paste the emoticons to Notepad to view the underlying text also.)
- The top set (from the preview pane) are better/easier to remember.

- I started this because I was curious about one or two 'friendly' emoticons that looked a bit blasé/smug/mocking/not quite right:
:wink: :thumbup: :) :wave:

- Maybe you might say that one of them lacks confidence, and that the other one is overconfident.

- 12 emoticons have 2 ways to type them:
:D :-D
;) :wink:
:o :-o
:? :-?
:x :-x
:P :-P
:| :-|
:problem: -,-
:thumbup: :+1:
:thumbdown: :-1:
:salute: :O7:
:trollface: :troll:

- Yes, trollface has two variants, I'm not trolling.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”