Help with Capture2Text and how to use it together with AHK script?

Talk about anything
densch

Help with Capture2Text and how to use it together with AHK script?

31 May 2018, 08:42

Hello,
as it was obvious in the other thread I am searching for some text capture thingie.

De to some other thread I came across Capture2Text which worked well enough fopr my purpose,
at least if i mark the area with the mouse.

now there are some things that I am currently not yet happy with:
1) the "marking the area with the mouse" thing.
In the end I want an auomated script that does stuff on it's own in the background without me having to do anything.
So having to mark text is counterproductive.

instead of marking the text with the mouse, I'd like to just write a specific coordinate set (2 actually, one for the upper left
and ine for the bottom right) in the script and the ocr does it's stuff on it's own.

So I don't have to hint it to where the to be captured text is.

2) while displaying the captured text in a text box is cool to . well.. see if it even works,
it ain't the real thing for me.

I want to use the captured text in an AHK script and do stuff based on it.

Like if he captures a 5, I want it to this.
if he captures 9, I want to do it something else.

Anyways I want to use the capture2text's output as a variable in another AHK script.

How could I do that in the easiest way?

How do I in general store such output in a variable?

Cause at some point I also plan to get one output at some time
and another output at a later time and calculate their difference (both are numbers).

3) Is there some way to do stuff in the background aka limiting the whole action to a certain window?
for example I'm working in firefox in the foreground while in the background chrome is open and capture2text and AHK script are
doing their job there without interfering with me?

Commands like controlclick have that implemented directly, but can I specifically enforce that?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”