Paid work Topic is solved

Talk about anything
anteoz

Paid work

11 Jun 2018, 23:55

Hi everybody!

I've been using AHK for some time now, but it seems I'm only enjoying 1% of its functionality. The last time I coded it was with Basic probably 20/25 years ago, so I need some help.

Currently, I use AHK for text-expansion ("hw" becoming "hello world", etc.), but that's the small part of my job. The other is clicking so simple that I was thinking of training a monkey. I'd like to automate that. Right now that's done in a rudimentary manner with iMacros, but I have the impression that I can do the click automation with AHK as well, and even better.

The very general details: the clicking takes place in a browser. There's a flowchart of 3 if's that should govern it all. And then I'd like to loop it, and just look (or not look) at the screen when the clicking is being done. I'd also like to create keyboard shortcuts to make specific clicks on the site, sparing me entirely from the mouse when I do put in my input. Of course it gets a bit more complicated, but that will fall into the category of unknown-unknowns. Which is why I need help from somebody who has experience coding with AHK.

Presumably you'd need to know AHK, a bit of HTML/CSS (to figure out how to click) and javascript.

If might be interested and have the time hit me up. I'd be happy to write back some more details.
anteoz

Re: Paid work

18 Jun 2018, 08:12

A little bump, if that's OK with admins. 10K tedious monkey-brain clicks a week is something I'd be willing to generously compensate for if somebody can help me with that.
tidbit

18 Jun 2018, 10:28

if you can, mind jumping on IRC? https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#ahk
real-time chat. we can private chat, I'll look into it but no promises (browser stuff can be very complex, especially if you can't use IE)

I have the same username as here.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
guest3456

18 Jun 2018, 12:13

tidbit wrote:browser stuff can be very complex, especially if you can't use IE)
you could always sacrifice some speed and just do imagesearches

tidbit

Re: Paid work  Topic is solved

18 Jun 2018, 12:32

right, this is why I'm waiting for him to reply back and/or get on irc :P kinda need to see what I'm dealing with. could be as simple as element.click() or as hacky as imagesearch (and hope there's no scrollbars to deal with). Or anything inbetween.
There's also chrome.ahk which I might be able to use (but I never have, will need to learn. guessing it's not too different then IE COM).
if it's java, js, flash, simple html 1.0, etc. so many possibilities.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
anteoz

19 Jun 2018, 07:14

Last time I was on an IRC was probably 1998, but here I am. I'll be keeping the window open until our timezones are both a daytime. (GMT+1 here.)

I just use Chrome out of preference, IE/Edge can work just as well. Hopefully it wouldn't be an unreasonably complicated matter, but we'll see.
tidbit

19 Jun 2018, 10:52

I'm GMT-6, on and waiting.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”