xZomBie

Re: « What's on your mind? »

23 May 2014, 06:58

+1 definitely would get 1!
joedf

26 May 2014, 00:17

http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewtopic.p ... 740#p18740
joedf wrote:It is done. Took a while, but here it is. Don't be shy, input is practically obligatory. :)

Web Format : http://ahkscript.org/foundation
PDF Format : http://ahkscript.org/foundation/The_Aut ... dation.pdf

Cheers,
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
joedf

30 May 2014, 00:26

Any opinions? Button placement...
#1Image#2Image
#3Image#4Image
thanks
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
jNizM

30 May 2014, 00:32

[AHK] v2.0.5 | [WIN] 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | [GitHub] Profile
fincs

30 May 2014, 04:27

I like this one:
Spoiler
fincs
Windows 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with 32 GB of RAM | AutoHotkey v2.0.0 + v1.1.36.02
Get SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0 - [My project list]
xZomBie

30 May 2014, 06:29

fincs wrote:I like this one:
Spoiler
Same here! :D
tank

30 May 2014, 06:57

We all have the same taste
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
jNizM

30 May 2014, 07:10

How about a fresh new design like ghost buttons?

example page: thedistance.co.uk
[AHK] v2.0.5 | [WIN] 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | [GitHub] Profile
xZomBie

30 May 2014, 10:45

I prefer the first and second on the left and the first and forth on the right
joedf

30 May 2014, 10:59

thanks for the comments, ive edited my post to have numbers, it will reduce confusion...
Im still not sure what ur saying there xZombie ... :P I imagine ur saying #3 and #4
Ill put it to #3 for now
xZomBie

30 May 2014, 11:05

I meant the Ghost Buttons in jNizM's post...
Did you get my PM?
joedf

30 May 2014, 11:12

oh! ok :P ill check them out..
and yes i did ;)
timeFlies

30 May 2014, 12:45

smorgasbord wrote:If someone has blackberry z10 please tell pros and cons. Thanks. Tell specifications that are not common in every BB Z10 like stl 01 or 02 etc.
:roll:
tank wrote:Only spec you need is they all suck. Blackberry isn't hinging on extinction because they hold any advantages
Hey tank! Hold on there for a minute! Let me correct a few mistakes you just made:
  1. That they "suck" and don't hold any advantages is a matter of opinion that you really shouldn't be voicing unless you've used them yourself extensively (and I'm not talking about the ancient, slow, and crappy BBOS devices that you were stuck with at work, I'm talking about the new and very much up there with the competition BlackBerry 10 devices). And judging by your comment, I highly doubt you have used them, else I don't think you would have said that.
  2. BlackBerry is not hinging on extinction, and handset sales are only a part of BlackBerry's revenue stream. There's no question that BlackBerry as a company isn't in trouble, but there's a very good chance the company (formerly Research In Motion) will still be around in a decade's time, albeit perhaps in a slightly different form. BlackBerry's CEO John Chen (brought in last November after Thorsten Heins, and before him Mike Lazaridis & Jim Balsillie, were kicked to the curb) who successfully revived SAP, estimates that BlackBerry has an 80% chance of surviving. Decent, in other words. Will BlackBerry handsets ever regain the popularity they once had? Unlikely, but as I like to say and is very much true, "popularity does not imply capability". Keep an open mind.
  3. Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because BlackBerry is "uncool" in the United States of America that this is also true everywhere else. Just like Windows Phone (which is nearly as uncommon in the USA as BlackBerry), BlackBerry holds a much larger market share in other parts of the world such as the United Kingdom, India, Indonesia, and to a much lesser degree, Canada.
Smorgasbord, to answer your question. First thing I should note is that those reviews that jNizM linked are very old and parts of them no longer apply. The BlackBerry Z10 was BlackBerry's first release of a BB10 phone, and at that point the operating system was very much not matured yet. For the most part, this is no longer true. Also, the one and only major fault that most reviews point to is the lack of "apps", but I think this is mostly a moot point right now, since in addition to the 100 000+ applications in BlackBerry World, the vast majority of Android applications run perfectly in BB10's Android Runtime. So if the app you need isn't in BBW, it's a simple matter to install the Android version. A small portion of Android apps (such as those requiring Google Play services) may not work 100% correctly, but otherwise work fine, while some others will not work at all.

As per the different Z10 model numbers, for the most part they are all the same except for radio compatibility. STL100-1 is only 3G, but the rest are 4G/LTE and the different models are simply for different regions of the world that use different radio bands. Also note that the Z10 is an older phone. The firm has since released a number of other devices, both high- and low-end, including:
  • Q10 (high-end physical QWERTY)
  • Q5 (low-end physical QWERTY)
  • Z30 (high-end 5" all-touch)
  • Jakarta Z5 (low-end 5" all-touch; Indonesia only so far)
and is set to release several new phones by summer's end:
  • Q20 Classic (physical QWERTY with trackpad)
  • Q30 Windermere (high-end, large-screen physical QWERTY).
For advantages and disadvantages, it's hard to answer that when I don't know what you're looking for. In terms of features, I'd say that BB10 has pretty much everything iOS and Android have. The camera is decent, probably on par with the iPhone, but nowhere in the league of the Lumia 1020 with its 41 MPs. The whole phone is basically centred around communication (as a telephone should be), so the BlackBerry Hub is a major feature here. I've been using the Q10 and Z10 for the past nine months, so just tell me what's important to you in a phone, and I'll do my best to answer your questions. In the meantime, watch these video reviews of the Z30 to get an idea of what BB10 can do (note that the older Z10 does not have USB OTG, FM radio, or MiraCast due to hardware limitations): And if you're looking at an in-store model, make sure it's been updated to the most recent version. Literally tonnes of functionality has been added to the core OS since it was first released 16 months ago. (The demo mode password is usually "instoredemo".)
tank

30 May 2014, 13:08

sorry mate i have been forced to use them. they suck
the OS sucks... let me be clear i would rather be prison raped
i actually like the form factor of most blackberries and agree the hardware and layout is nice and functional
and yes they are hinging extinction
I have read article after article. and they are loosing market share on an epic scale not just in the US

If you have a choice do not buy a BB. of course its opinion wasnt that what was asked for?
I would rather see the palm OS make a come back
Check Out WebWriter
tank

30 May 2014, 13:13

they have peaked an are on the way out because they refuse to give up on that epicly bad OS
https://www.google.com/search?num=100&n ... ZtDIwvMIFQ

this will be my last comment on the subject as i clearly have strong feelings.
Check Out WebWriter
timeFlies

30 May 2014, 13:51

Last question: which device did you have? And no, opinion wasn't what was asked for. Pros and cons were asked for, not a blatant "they suck" with no reasons why.
I would rather see the palm OS make a comeback.
It's funny you say that, because a lot of the elements of BB10 are from WebOS.
tank

30 May 2014, 14:21

No clue anymore its been over a year and I couldn't use it as a phone because it was on sprint and it sucked at everything else
Check Out WebWriter
tank

30 May 2014, 14:33

The one before that was a curve some number and broke within a month
Check Out WebWriter
timeFlies

30 May 2014, 14:46

tank wrote:No clue anymore its been over a year and I couldn't use it as a phone because it was on sprint and it sucked at everything else
This tells me either of two things: you were not using a BB10 phone because the first BB10 phones only came out just over a year ago, or you were using a Z10 running BB10.0, in which case BB10 was still in its infancy. 10.3 is light years ahead of 10.0; they don't even look the same! It'd be like comparing iOS1 to iOS7--no comparison. Or Windows ME to Windows 7.

[edit]The old Curves suck compared to any modern phone, no question about that.
Last edited by timeFlies on 30 May 2014, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
tank

30 May 2014, 14:55

dont take my word for it just look at any charts for market share
Im not the only one
http://www.statista.com/statistics/2669 ... 0-to-2015/
No expert thinks they are good enough to grow