« What's on your mind? » Topic is solved

Talk about anything
tankuser

Re: « What's on your mind? »

28 Mar 2018, 08:52

http://www.winautomation.com/community/ ... post-53260
While working on an automation with Automation Anywhere using keystrokes and mouseclicks. minimizing RDP stops the automation. the above link has an approach that prevents this problem but still has a problem with image recognition
garry

28 Mar 2018, 13:42

https://twitter.com/iamdylancurran/stat ... 5680467968

Want to freak yourself out?
gonna show just how much of your information the likes of Facebook and Google store about you without you even realising it
derz00

28 Mar 2018, 13:51

Problem is, Apple (so secure and private) does too, and Microsoft (so expensive and well-developed) supposedly
try it and see
garry

30 Mar 2018, 15:16

Are you using cables in California ....

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-ca ... on-65.html

The word 'cancer' (in brackets above) is optional, at the judgment of the manufacturer.
Many of them use it, possibly to avoid liability.

Why are my wires labeled with a cancer warning?
The state of California keeps its own list of cancer-causing substances.

The most important point to avoid exposure is to wash your hands after handling the cords or cables
to avoid swallowing any lead that rubbed off onto them.

The law defines 'no significant risk' as a level of exposure that would cause no more than 1 extra case of cancer in 100,000 people over a 70-year lifetime.
So a compound can be unlabeled if a person exposed to the substance at the expected level
for 70 years is estimated to have a 1 in 100,000 chance or less of getting cancer due to that exposure.

Products that are sold outside of California are not required to have the warning label even if they contain substances that might cause cancer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/30/busi ... rning.html
Coffee sellers are mulling how to fight a California judge’s ruling that would require the beverage to be branded with cancer warning labels.
garry

30 Mar 2018, 15:31

if .uk leaves .eu , you can't use .eu domain

https://ec.europa.eu/info/brexit/brexit-preparedness_en

On 29 March 2017, the United Kingdom notified the European Council of its intention to leave the European Union.
Unless a ratified withdrawal agreement establishes another date or the European Council, in accordance with Article 50(3)
of the Treaty on European Union and in agreement with the United Kingdom, unanimously decides that the Treaties cease to apply at a later date,
all Union primary and secondary law will cease to apply to the United Kingdom from
30 March 2019, 00:00h (CET) ('the withdrawal date').
The United Kingdom will then become a third country.
These notices, which aim at preparing citizens and stakeholders for the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, set out the consequences in a range of policy areas.

What happens with .eu-Domains registered in UK in 'whois' ?
https://ec.europa.eu/info/publications/ ... n-names_en

As of the withdrawal date, undertakings and organisations that are established in the United Kingdom but not in the EU,
and natural persons who reside in the United Kingdom will no longer be eligible to register .eu domain names
or, if they are .eu registrants, to renew .eu domain names registered before the withdrawal date.
garry

30 Mar 2018, 15:54

========================= spotify ==============================================================
Spotify has changed protocol so you can't use the spotify app on your speaker
The Spotify custom integration will be completely removed from ....
Note: Some devices require Spotify Premium.
https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_e ... y-speaker/

====================== india ==================================================================
Date 31.03.2018
http://www.dw.com/en/28-million-apply-f ... a-43203142

28 million apply for 90,000 jobs with India's railway company

The country's first high-speed rail service is under construction from the commercial capital Mumbai to Ahmedabad, the fifth most populous city.

India's publicly owned railway network says it has received 28 million online applications for its biggest ever recruitment drive, which ends on Saturday.
The Times of India reported that railway officials expect the number of applicants for the 90,000 positions to climb even higher as the deadline approaches.
The jobs advertised include 26,502 train driver and technician posts, and 62,907 vacancies for less-skilled positions including trackmen, welders and porters.

Indian Railways operates 121,407 kilometers (75,439 miles) of track and carries more than 23 million passengers daily, who connect through 7,172 stations.

The world's eighth largest employer, Indian Railways has some 1.4 million staff and has begun a massive modernization program costing some $130 billion.
"We've not been recruiting for the last couple of years and attrition is already there.
And so we require people," Ashwani Lohani, chairman of the railways board, told Reuters.
Earlier this month, the government said it would expand high-speed rail services into the capital New Delhi,
allowing trains to run at 160 kilometers per hour (100 miles per hour), compared to 70-90 km p/h at present.

Indian media said the railway firm was likely to add another 20,000 positions next month, taking the total offered in this exercise to 110,000.
The Times of India said the applicants would need to complete an online examination,
offered in 15 languages, including Hindi, English, Urdu, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujarati, Tamil and Telugu. They'll also be required to pass a fitness test.
Last edited by garry on 31 Mar 2018, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Glines

31 Mar 2018, 06:25

Not all publicity is good publicity...
AutoHotkey Malware is now a thing
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
tank

31 Mar 2018, 11:37

:(
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
tidbit

31 Mar 2018, 14:14

"AutoHotKey has now become"
capital K.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
jeeswg

31 Mar 2018, 16:12

What have we beKome.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
nnnik

01 Apr 2018, 04:37

My keyboard decided to pull a first april prank on me and died in this night.
Now I'm using my old keyboard.
Recommends AHK Studio
BoBo

03 Apr 2018, 09:18

Was interested if I could find something from Ken (not Barbie!) at Amazon Prime, but failed. So I've asked G.Oggle and it showed up with this: [Ken Burns/Lynn Novick - The Vietnam War]. (Still) interesting 8-)
Joe Glines

04 Apr 2018, 20:03

Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
joedf

04 Apr 2018, 20:48

Cool! looks like an integrated user-friendly version of SAMBA servers :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
garry

12 Apr 2018, 00:59

https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/11/faceb ... uckerberg/

Zuckerberg denies knowledge of Facebook shadow profiles

Code: Select all

Lujan     : Facebook has detailed profiles on people who have never signed up for Facebook, yes or no?
Zuckerberg: Congressman, in general we collect data on people who have not signed up for Facebook for security 
            purposes to prevent the kind of scraping you were just referring to [reverse searches based on public info like phone numbers].
Lujan     : So these are called shadow profiles, is that what they’ve been referred to by some?
Zuckerberg: Congressman, I’m not, I’m not familiar with that.
Lujan     : I’ll refer to them as shadow profiles for today’s hearing. On average, how many data points does Facebook have on each Facebook user?
Zuckerberg: I do not know off the top of my head.
Lujan     : Do you know how many points of data Facebook has on the average non-Facebook user?
Zuckerberg: Congressman, I do not know off the top of my head but I can have our team get back to you afterward.
Lujan     : It’s been admitted by Facebook that you do collect data points on non-[Facebook users].
            My question is, can someone who does not have a Facebook account opt out of Facebook’s involuntary data collection?
derz00

18 Apr 2018, 14:07

What's on your mind?
Which 3d printer should I buy
try it and see

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”