Gamers

Talk about anything
TheDewd

Gamers

23 Aug 2018, 09:01

I grow tired of seeing these posts... :crazy:
"I need a script for this game... I don't know how to code, but I'm sure all of you smart people can make it for me easy!!! I need to press r to spawn to the door in the first level and then when I hold control it auto fires until I release the F1 key when the mouse moves up and down and I need to strife to the left and bhop until I win. Yay!! Help me smart gods!!"
That is all...

Note: The quote is entirely fabricated and based on posts that I've seen over the year...
Gio

Re: Gamers

24 Aug 2018, 11:45

The AutoHotkey community has been described more than once as one of the most helpful and supportive programming communities around the web. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is actually directing people to do these kind of posts in our Ask For Help section if they want automation scripts.

While i do think it is somewhat sad to see people wanting to use the tool but not wanting to dedicate themselves to learn how to put together basic scripts, i am still very thankful for the questions our users have posted in the Ask for Help section over the years. By dedicating a couple of months to answer as many user requests as i could, my knowledge over the language (and programming in general) EXPLODED back in 2011. Also, the Ask for Help section is now so rich with examples that it has become a true treasure of knowledge.

That is why at the moment i am actually working to get even more questions coming to the portuguese Ask for Help section of our forums (Pedir Ajuda). And i really think that the database of questions and answers grows in a correlated way to the community itself.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”