answerd in SO: Is there any way to bookmark or link to an HTML page (which I am not author of) without having an anchor

Talk about anything
SL5

answerd in SO: Is there any way to bookmark or link to an HTML page (which I am not author of) without having an anchor

06 Dec 2018, 04:14

Maybe you want to give me a like here. thanks:

I answered to
Is there any way to bookmark or link to an HTML page (which I am not author of) without having an anchor in the html code ?

I want the page to get scrolled down to a particular section when accessed from a bookmark or hyperlink even if there is no anchor tag in the destination page.

Note : the destination page has an anchor tag as "foo" then bookmark like http:/...hello.html#foo will not only take the user to hello.html but also automatically scroll down to the section of the page so that the anchore tag "foo" is at the top of the screen
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/798 ... 7_53647419
lmstearn

Re: answerd in SO: Is there any way to bookmark or link to an HTML page (which I am not author of) without having an anc

06 Dec 2018, 07:42

Love to give it a like, but before that we'll want a more detailed explanation and an example of a HTML page and images it may contain. Quentin sounds harsh, but he has a point. Links go to heaven all the time, (well, Wikipedia ones don't, do they.) :P
Even so Sikulix sounds interesting- and more so ,with a description of how it can jump to un-anchored HTML sections.
:arrow: itros "ylbbub eht tuO kaerB" a ni kcuts m'I pleH
SL5

Re: answerd in SO: Is there any way to bookmark or link to an HTML page (which I am not author of) without having an anc

07 Dec 2018, 07:24

lmstearn wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 07:42
Love to give it a like, but before that we'll want a more detailed explanation and an example of a HTML page and images it may contain. Quentin sounds harsh, but he has a point. Links go to heaven all the time, (well, Wikipedia ones don't, do they.) :P
Even so Sikulix sounds interesting- and more so ,with a description of how it can jump to un-anchored HTML sections.
it is already deleted. my english is just too bad. I should have written that it is not a solution to the problem but maybe it helps a bit.

Of course you can not by using imageSearch parsing the source.
Of course you can following changes in design of the website or so.
imageSearch is just imageSearch. just as the name says.

but it may could halp (me it does) often. if everything else fails. right?

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”