Looking for local AHK Programmers.

Talk about anything
cyruz

Re: Looking for local AHK Programmers.

28 Mar 2015, 13:53

If you decide to go on a cruise with Costa Cruises, let me know, we can hang out onboard (if we are on the same ship ofc :D)
ABCza on the old forum.
My GitHub.
toralf

28 Mar 2015, 15:15

Do you offer special rates for AHK fellows? ;)
Which route are you currently on?
ciao
toralf
cyruz

28 Mar 2015, 16:21

toralf wrote:Do you offer special rates for AHK fellows? ;)
Which route are you currently on?
We have access to some offers, but they have maximum 10-15 days of notice and only on selected routes (when the ship is going to sail with vacancies). Anyway sometime is cheaper if you book with a travel agency... :D

I'm coming back to the Mediterraneo from a Seychelles/Madagascar cruise, now we will start a Italy/Greece/Croatia/etc one.
ABCza on the old forum.
My GitHub.
toralf

28 Mar 2015, 22:01

My spouse used to work on an Aida cruise ship. They have a similar system with basically a waiting list but mandatory when your position was called. And not necessarily the cheapest trip.
Anyway I liked it.
Enjoy the Mediterranean Sea.
Maybe someday we could all meet on a cruise for an AHK coding week... :)
ciao
toralf
cyruz

29 Mar 2015, 05:12

We don't have the waiting list, but just some offers arriving by mail (only when we are onboard) and it's a kind of "who arrives first takes it". But as I told you, due to the short notice and to the high price, there's little demand for it. The cheap routes are always full booked...

The AHK coding week would be really nice :)
ABCza on the old forum.
My GitHub.
Joe Glines

09 Apr 2015, 06:18

I would be up for traveling and having a day or two of sitting around talking about uses.

Every year a colleague and I take a week of vacation and dedicate to deep-diving into programming. Last year we focussed on Python but I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep my focus on AutoHotKey in the near future.
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
joedf

09 Apr 2015, 09:42

yep, AutoHotkey Convention. period. ;)
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
tank

15 Apr 2015, 20:43

I would say an automation convention let anyone involved in agile methodologies and automation of any kind participate.
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
Joe Glines

16 Apr 2015, 06:41

As mentioned earlier I'm planning on starting a Meetup here in DFW. I've been trying to put my finger on how to best attract people but words like 'automation' often have a lot of different meanings to other people. And, until I looked up agile, I didn't know what it meant. (then again I'm not a programmer)

My real "passion" is finding ways to save time / be more efficient. "Automation" is a big part of that but I think by only listing that I exclude a lot of people that are interested in being more efficient but don't think of things as "automation".

My background is survey research and I was thinking about putting together a short survey to build a profile of typical users on the forum. I'd be looking to collect information like: Education level, hobbies, programming experience, interests. Do y'all think this could be helpful? If so, I can flesh out some of it and get feedback from everyone before fielding it.

The other thing that would be nice is to have an easy way to see who in the AHK forum is located relatively close to me. I think this would help AHK users realize there are other people in the area and might meet up. Is it possible to get someone with admin rights to look at this? There doesn't seem to be an easy way to filter users by location.

AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
toralf

16 Apr 2015, 06:51

I'm 600 miles from you. :)
ciao
toralf
Joe Glines

16 Apr 2015, 07:33

@toralf- Great! Meet you half way? lol

YouTube

toralf

16 Apr 2015, 07:46

New Orleans or Destin? City or Beach? ;) *just kidding*
ciao
toralf
vahju

16 Apr 2015, 11:20

How about using a service like Meet ups to setup a Autohotkey/programming get-togethers?

http://www.meetup.com/
Elesar

16 Apr 2015, 11:30

We do have a google map of user locations for those that are OK with posting where they are: http://tinyurl.com/49mqx7
Joe Glines

16 Apr 2015, 12:51

@Elesar Very cool! I didn't know this existed. Perhaps we can get it posted somewhere more visible so more people can add their info?

YouTube

Joe Glines

16 Apr 2015, 12:54

@vahju- I'm planning on using meetup however I'm trying to figure out the best way to position the group. I think a lot of people would be interested in AutoHotKey but don't want to rely on name recognition for finding people.

Other than automation, agile, and efficiency, does anyone have anything else they think would lure people?

YouTube

tank

19 Apr 2015, 13:27

added me
Check Out WebWriter
tank

19 Apr 2015, 13:43

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/V/vertica ... ation.html
I think any meetup group should be focused on Vertical software solutions and not so specific as Autohotkey. Individual presenters should be free to open discussion on specific solutions such as autohotkey to automate attachmate for example.
Check Out WebWriter
Joe Glines

20 Apr 2015, 16:07

Thanks for the advice! While I agree a huge benefit/use of AutoHotKey around "vertical applications" I'd be worried that the term itself is not known well enough among many current/potential users. Having said that, I do like the term and believe it is a key strength so I'll put it (as well as the definition) in the description of the group.

I noticed around 40 people in the Dallas area on LinkedIn that are interested in AutoHotKey. I think I'll reach out to them individually seeing if any of them are interested in joining the Meet-up. BTW- even though I've relied heavily on AutoHotKey for about 6 years, I didn't have any mentions of it in my LinkedIn profile. Perhaps y'all should also take a few minutes and update your profile in case others want to find people in your area.

YouTube

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”