I want my Mouse movements to behave as Joystick Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Otto_Clayshow

I want my Mouse movements to behave as Joystick

21 May 2015, 00:19

greetings

Suppose you are using a joystick to fly a (game) helicopter. If you push it forward a little and hold it in the pushed-forward position, the helicopter's nose will point down, and stay down without changing, as long as you hold the joystick in that position.

But if you are using a mouse instead of a joystick, what typically happens is that you push the mouse up -- that is, away from you -- along the Y axis; the nose of the heli will go down, but if you stop moving the mouse, the nose of the heli will return to default position. If you want to maintain the nose-down position, you must continue moving the mouse along the Y axis by moving it steadily up the mousepad.

Is it possible to make the mouse emulate joystick behavior, such that the mouse's initial position is the 'dead zone' and moving it away from the centre -- its initial position -- corresponds to moving the joystick away from center? I suppose mouses were not really designed with this in mind, but could it be done with an AHK script?
Noesis

Re: I want my Mouse movements to behave as Joystick  Topic is solved

22 May 2015, 01:43

Hi Otto, you posted a similar question in the UJR thread, which I answered there, so read that, and any further questions etc would be best put into THIS thread, rather than the UJR one. (If I'd seen this first I'd have answered here).

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”