I'm so tired of getting banned in LoL Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
kczx3

Re: I'm so tired of getting banned in LoL

03 Mar 2016, 15:51

I really think you have a bigger problem than just getting banned in LoL if you're going to this length to try and get something to keep you from going off on someone. Not trying to be critical but it seems like you should try and fix the source of the problem.
Ruevil2

03 Mar 2016, 16:40

Heady wrote:And also. Suspending the hotkeys in options also disables the script.

GOSH! XD
This is kind of the point most other people were making. You are kind of your own worst enemy here, that is to say, if you keep looking for ways around the script you are going to find them and there really isn't a good way to prevent that.
Ruevil2

Re: I'm so tired of getting banned in LoL  Topic is solved

03 Mar 2016, 16:53

kczx3 wrote:I really think you have a bigger problem than just getting banned in LoL if you're going to this length to try and get something to keep you from going off on someone. Not trying to be critical but it seems like you should try and fix the source of the problem.
I am not disagreeing with you. Just that as a LoL player myself, it is a very fun game, but it has one of the host horribly toxic communities. It's the people that create the rage in this game, not the game itself IMHO. I am about to completely disable my chat box for this reason. :)

How to Completely Remove the Chat Box:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwfY8VInkk4
kczx3

03 Mar 2016, 18:07

I play it too and quite often actually. But it comes back to the age old premise that you win more when you cooperative and are positive. Which leads to less opportunities for you to rage cuz you are winning :)
Heady

07 Mar 2016, 04:26

Ruevil2 wrote:
kczx3 wrote:I really think you have a bigger problem than just getting banned in LoL if you're going to this length to try and get something to keep you from going off on someone. Not trying to be critical but it seems like you should try and fix the source of the problem.
I am not disagreeing with you. Just that as a LoL player myself, it is a very fun game, but it has one of the host horribly toxic communities. It's the people that create the rage in this game, not the game itself IMHO. I am about to completely disable my chat box for this reason. :)

How to Completely Remove the Chat Box:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwfY8VInkk4
I already tested this. Doesn't work. You can still type.
Heady

07 Mar 2016, 04:28

You have never played this game. This game consists of 10 players per match, where 3 of them are decent players and 7 are completely retarded people. Impossible not to rage at people who don't follow the team, who give kills intentionally and so on.
heady

13 Mar 2016, 21:12

SvenBent wrote:I think this is what you are looking for.

http://www.therapytribe.com/therapy/ang ... eling.html
I think you are stupid.
SvenBent

15 Mar 2016, 08:55

ouch. I'm I supposed t rage now and make my self a script that stops my from raging on the forum?
Your name calling was not unexpected. I goes right in trend with the matureness of raging in a game.
WorstMirari

14 Jun 2016, 16:17

I realize I'm a bit late to the party here, but it seems like a lot of these exit subroutines are overkill?

Why not just do something like this:

Code: Select all

#SingleInstance Force
#NoTrayIcon
; Hard to suspend if there's no icon to click

OnExit,ExitLabel

#ifwinactive League of Legends (TM) Client
*Enter::return
*NumpadEnter::return

ExitLabel:
if A_ExitReason not in Shutdown,Logoff
{
 ; Nice try you fuck
 Return
}
ExitApp
I'd need to test to be sure but I'm like 80% sure this makes the program extremely hard to close by the user, if run on startup, and removes the ability to suspend hotkeys using the normal method.
kczx3

14 Jun 2016, 16:38

Heady wrote:
You have never played this game. This game consists of 10 players per match, where 3 of them are decent players and 7 are completely retarded people. Impossible not to rage at people who don't follow the team, who give kills intentionally and so on.
I have played the game for two years quite regularly. I have control over my emotions and don't let trolls get to me. It's a game. Played for fun by majority of players.
WorstMirari

14 Jun 2016, 17:00

kczx3 wrote: I have played the game for two years quite regularly. I have control over my emotions and don't let trolls get to me. It's a game. Played for fun by majority of players.
Not everyone has the same kind of emotional control or mental fortitude to stay calm and collected when games take a nosedive. It is nice for you that you do, and certainly many people are in the same boat, but there are people who have issues but still want to enjoy the game without harassing others or getting banned. Riot's behavior team has done plenty of research on the extent to which bad games can stress even reasonably-well adjusted people out; League is, in some ways, extremely well designed to bring out the worst in specific types of people (competitive individualists, for example). (I highly recommend reading about Lyte's player behavior research; it's fascinating stuff.)

I don't think telling people who have these problems to just fix the source of the issue is particularly charitable. Changing how you think and react in stressful situations is really hard. If it's not impacting your life outside of gaming, there's no reason not to treat the symptom over the root cause; even if it is, you'd still want to do both at the same time. Shifting how you react to stress isn't the kind of thing that happens overnight, so these programs would be just as important for someone who was actually doing anger management therapy / CBT / zen meditation / etc etc.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”