Sending keystrokes to two windows.

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
reift

Sending keystrokes to two windows.

06 Jul 2016, 06:47

I want to send keystrokes that I use on 1 window to other windows. Think dual/multibox, with AHK.

I KNOW its possible with other software, but I like AHK. Though if you think I'm better off with software, then by all means, do link/suggest me one!

So, objectives : to send keystrokes to other (probably hidden/occluded/minimized) game window, to mirror the actions on main/maximized window.

What I THINK is needed :
1. [DONE] some way to ID what window is what. we can rename windows and give them unique (temporary) names for this.
2. [IN PROGRESS] some way of sending keystrokes/mouse clicks to other screen. i know you can send keystrokes but I dont know how to send mouseclicks.

Anyhow thanks for reading, your tips/suggestions/insults/comments are appreciated.

Current code :

Code: Select all

Launch_App1::
WinGet, hwnd1, ID, A
msgbox %hwnd1%
return

Browser_Home::
WinGet, hwnd2, ID, A
msgbox %hwnd2%
return

w::
ControlSend, , w, % "ahk_id " hwnd1
ControlSend, , w, % "ahk_id " hwnd2
Return

s::
ControlSend, , s, % "ahk_id " hwnd1
ControlSend, , s, % "ahk_id " hwnd2
Return

a::
ControlSend, , a, % "ahk_id " hwnd1
ControlSend, , a, % "ahk_id " hwnd2
Return

d::
ControlSend, , d, % "ahk_id " hwnd1
ControlSend, , d, % "ahk_id " hwnd2
Return
The problem is, ControlSend is "choppy", the in-game char will micro-move a bit, micro-wait a bit, micro-move a bit, micro-wait a bit and so on. Think of stuttering. Thats how it feels. It takes several second to move forward even a meter (in-game).

How do i make the movment smoother, or better yet, keep moving forward/sending W while W is pressed and so forth?

Also, I have absolutely NO idea how to send mouse clicks/movement.
SvenBent

Re: Sending keystrokes to two windows.

12 Jul 2016, 14:34

try using up and down hotkeys with up and down sends, instead of just keypress to keypress
Dark-Shadow

Re: Sending keystrokes to two windows.

15 Jun 2018, 02:20

Hey,

I got a Question. Are you multiaccounting to? My english is not that good so I am asking to be sure that yoy're talking about this. Are you trying to do actions on one window and that the other windows do the same automatically?

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”