Difference between MouseClick and actually clicking a button ?

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Greysen

Difference between MouseClick and actually clicking a button ?

28 Jan 2017, 05:56

Hi,

Is it possible for a game to tell the difference between an auto click and a manual click ?
when I add this command : MouseClick, left ;
and I use it two or three times, it happens that the protection of the game activates itself.
But if i remove this command and click manually, no detection.

So i had to assume that the game is able to detect an automatic click from a manual click and this surprises me. How is it possible ? And is it possible to trick the detection and make it believe its a manual click, as usual ?

Thank u very much.
Last edited by Greysen on 28 Jan 2017, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
Exaskryz

Re: Difference between MouseClick and actually clicking a button ?

28 Jan 2017, 06:20

It likely is possible. Consider this, which you can run in a separate script while you use your game script with the artificial mouseclick command. Though for it to be effective you may need some artificial down clicks.

Code: Select all

#InstallMouseHook
Settimer, MouseStates, 100
return

MouseStates:
Tooltip % "Logical State: " GetKeyState("LButton") "`nPhysical State: " GetKeyState("LButton","P")
return
This should show you a 0 when the key is up, and a 1 when the key is down, and it can distinguish between physical and artificial presses. (Tested using a::LButton remapping within the same script.)

So your game might do something like that as an anti-cheat measure, where it polls the logical and physical states, and if they are different from each other, something is wrong, and the game can flag it as cheating.

I don't know if AHK can spoof that information to make artificial clicks appear physical. You likely would have to research this on your own, as actively bypassing cheat detection is where I do draw an ethical line. If the game developers have put in the effort to stop your type of cheating, they've recognized it as a (potential) problem, and I will respect that.

An alternative is that you are clicking way too fast for the game, which may have set a minimum threshold for number of milliseconds the button should be down for. Though humanly possible to click really fast, the developers could be extra cautious... You can experiment if this is the case by using the Down parameter in a MouseClick command, follow it up with a short Sleep, and then use the Up parameter in a MouseClick command.
Greysen

Re: Difference between MouseClick and actually clicking a button ?

28 Jan 2017, 06:55

Thank you for your help, your ideas were really good, i tried the sleep trick this way

Code: Select all

XButton1::
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
MouseGetPos, px, py
Mousemove, 985, 200, 0
Send {LButton down}
Sleep, 100
Send {LButton up}
Mousemove, px,py, 0
return
But it did not work (detected). Well tried though

I understand ur concerns but i can assure you my question is not necessarily game related, its more general. Many people out there (other programs) are asking about how to simulate a real click for other stuff, mine is a separate case. The question is really important but i will stick for now with your answer, i dont think AHK can spoof that information too. But this would be great. And really useful. I mean not in game necessarily but with other programs too.

I still hope other pro give their ideas, thanks again.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”