How to use abbyy ORC on autohotkey ? Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)

How to use abbyy ORC on autohotkey ?  Topic is solved

19 Feb 2017, 10:12

Hey guys,
I want to ask about abbyy on autohotkey..

this code find on google.

Code: Select all

ControlClick,Button1,ABBYY Screenshot Reader ahk_class #32770
But still need a manual screenshot..and can't ORC to Clipboard

So how to do auto screenshot(within range) and next is ORC to Clipboard..?

Plz help me..
eventhorizon

Re: How to use abbyy ORC on autohotkey ?

19 Feb 2017, 12:19

Why pay $30.00 USD for a program to screenshot when you already have one (Snipping Tool) embedded in Windows 10 for free? Unless you hope to convert your screens using ABBYY's FineReader program to get the possibility of OCR. If that is true, you'll want to read the FineReader documentation that comes with the program or talk to their tech support. I'm assuming you will want to pay the $199.00 USD cost for a legal copy of the FineReader program, right? Since both FineReader and the screenshot utility come as a bundle. But first you may want to make sure the screen you want to grab is in windows mode and not true FullScreen mode.
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history – with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Sian_Romantic

19 Feb 2017, 12:28

eventhorizon wrote:Why pay $30.00 USD for a program to screenshot when you already have one (Snipping Tool) embedded in Windows 10 for free? Unless you hope to convert your screens using ABBYY's FineReader program to get the possibility of OCR. If that is true, you'll want to read the FineReader documentation that comes with the program or talk to their tech support. I'm assuming you will want to pay the $199.00 USD cost for a legal copy of the FineReader program, right? Since both FineReader and the screenshot utility come as a bundle. But first you may want to make sure the screen you want to grab is in windows mode and not true FullScreen mode.
yes. is windows mode.
and i use this program before , only problem is i dont know how to do(code).
eventhorizon

19 Feb 2017, 14:10

then you should be able to call the program directly with the Run command. an example would be

run, Notepad.exe
you might have to add the path to the files you want if they're not already on the default search path.
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history – with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Sian_Romantic

23 Feb 2017, 02:08

eventhorizon wrote:then you should be able to call the program directly with the Run command. an example would be

run, Notepad.exe
you might have to add the path to the files you want if they're not already on the default search path.

ControlClick,Button1,ABBYY Screenshot Reader ahk_class #32770
This code is equal to "run"...........
Janusz

26 Mar 2021, 07:15

Dear developers and users.
Used approach is possible. But I would like to emphasize very important fact. Abbyy fine reader have its own very useful object model. So you can access its object model by using Com support build in to autohotkey. Object model of FInereader is accessible even for Microsoft Word object explorer. In this case, you will never have to construct complex Autohotkey scripts which will drive Finereader GUi by remotely sending some click events or keyboard shortcuts to its active window. Sure, this approach is also possible. BUt if you will use FInereader object model, it will allow you to have more simpler development living. FInereader even contain special VBA Word template with Macros, which are using object model. Sure, template is password protected may be. But object model of FInereader should be publicly browsable. If there will be some complex C language issues in communication between Autohotkey process and Finereader, it is possible to debate with FInereader programmers about it. But Finereader is very probably writeen in C++. I know it, because I have got some run-time errors in 2000 when I have tried FInereader 4.0 standard trial. So Autohotkey allow to create macros which will control other GUI app, or it is even possible to use COm object model. And I have good experience with this autohotkey feature. It is implemented very well.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”