Moving in four directions, with only two keys

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Imb

Moving in four directions, with only two keys

23 Mar 2017, 17:36

Hi, I'm handicapped, because of that I can only use 3-4 keys and a mouse.
I can't play some games with that few keys, my knowledge is enough for remapping keys.
I've searched a lot and tried myself, but can't get to work right.

I need a Script for moving in four directions, like that:

LCtrl = Left
XButton1 = Right
LCtrl & XButton1 = Up
XButton1 & LCtrl = Down

Can somebody help me? I would appreciate it :)

Ps.: I hope my english isn't that bad ;)
swagfag

Re: Moving in four directions, with only two keys

23 Mar 2017, 17:56

Code: Select all

LCtrl::a
XButton1::d
LControl & XButton1::
{
	Send, {w}
return
} 
XButton1 & LControl::
{
	Send, {s}
return
}
Eh, wrote it with wasd, just replace them accordingly.
evilC

Re: Moving in four directions, with only two keys

24 Mar 2017, 12:17

I am not really sure that this is going to work how you think it is.

ie with what you describe, it would be impossible to move up without first moving left.

The code would have no way of knowing that when you held CTRL, you intended (in the future) to hit XButton1.

How about maybe L/R arrows for left/right, but the left/right arrows change to up/down if you hold CTRL?

Or some kind of toggle, whereby the functionality of L/R is swapped when you tap CTRL?

Also, if you have limited capability in your hands, might I recommend offloading some of the controls to your feet?

For example, an XBox controller on the floor can be operated with your feet - the thumbsticks click in, and it is quite easy to feel the sticks with your feet and click them in.

As an able-bodied gamer, I do this - I use my feet for Push-To-Talk (Two channels, team and squad)

I used to use an XBox pad, but I now bought one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Programmable- ... Swa~BYSHi2
Dirt cheap at about $10 apiece, and you can get models with 2 and 3 pedals.

There are also devices like the 3DRudder that is basically a D-Pad for your feet.

Finally, in terms of remapping stuff like this to game functions, I have an app called UCR (See link in sig) that can do that for you without having to learn to code.
One of my target audiences is disabled gamers, so I would be happy to try and implement features so you can do what you need.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”