Open Url in Player, Toogle Performance Options and Fn Keys

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
SorrymyEN

Open Url in Player, Toogle Performance Options and Fn Keys

19 May 2017, 09:51

I do not really like games, but as I have not found an area for simple tricks and tips, I'll post it here if it can be useful to someone.

1 - Quickly open videos from a site with an external player to use extra features like synchronization, capture, seek levels, or just improve perfomance. I tested 12 of the main players and this one I used was that opened a greater amount of video sites (but also check your installed codecs and customized shortcuts of the player). On a streaming site, click and hold F6 for 1 second and the player below will open video (credits to user Rohwedder by the click-hold-launch-drop code).

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive ahk_class MozillaWindowClass
$F6::
#IfWinActive ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1
$F6::
Send_ctrl_l := False
SetTimer, Send_ctrl_l, -1000
KeyWait, F6
SetTimer, Send_ctrl_l, Off
If !Send_ctrl_l
Send, {F6}
Return
Send_ctrl_l:
Send_ctrl_l := True
Send, ^l
Sleep 50
ClipWait, 1
Send, ^c
Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\SMPlayer\smplayer.exe %clipboard%
Return
#IfWinActive

2 - Quickly switches between "slow" (with all visual options) and "fast" (with none) Windows OS modes. Caution: If you often customize the visual elements of your system, create a restore point before testing this, as Windows always returns to its original default in "slow mode."

#=::
Run, SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe
Sleep 2000
Send, {Down 2}{Enter}
Return
#-::
Run, SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe
Sleep 2000
Send, {Up 2}{Enter}
Return

3 - Remapping Power/Sleep/WakeUp keys. First, go to power settings on control panel and disable Power/Sleep/WakeUp keys. Keep in mind that, even if remapped, these keys only work with the Fn key pressed.

sc15E:: ; Fn key and POWER button to open shutdown box.
Run, C:\Users\Administrador\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Shows Desktop.lnk
Send, <!F4<
Return
sc15F::+Tab ; Fn key and SLEEP button as TAB
Return
sc163::Tab ; Fn key and WAKEUP as SHIFT+TAB
Return

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”