FreePIE Controller Emulator with AutoHotkey

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
CrunchFlake

FreePIE Controller Emulator with AutoHotkey

22 May 2017, 09:42

Hi everyone,

I have been struggling to ge the following working correctly.

My goal is to stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 PC and emulate a controller input so that I can use my keyboard instead of a controller. I have accomplished this by using FreePIE with Xoutput. Please see the link for reference to understand what I mean: https://github.com/dschu012/XOutputPlugin

I have mapped "q" to the A-button and everything works perfectly fine when I manually hit the button while having the stream via the Xbox app open. Now I want to automatically have the A-button pressed like every 5 seconds. For this purpose, I want to use AutoHotkey and have the button pressed automatically. This is what I cannot get to work.

I have tried different ways of using "Send"-variations or "ControlSend" and specifying the window etc. or putting the window in front. By the way, for the Xbox app, this appears to be "ClassNN: ApplicationFrameInputSinkWindow1". But it doesn't work. I don't understand why the Xbox window does not recognise the button press. The automated press of "q" does work in "normal windows" like Chrome e.g.

Can you guys help me out?

Thanks!

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”