Fallout 4: Hold Breath Key Stops Movement

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Love

Fallout 4: Hold Breath Key Stops Movement

11 Jun 2017, 10:48

Hi, all. I'm using the following script to remap my hold breath key among other things, and whenever I'm in scope mode (Numpad 0 held down--this is mapped as such in-game) and also holding breath (Numpad 2 held down--mapped as such in script below), I am unable to strafe LEFT. I can strafe RIGHT just fine.

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

Numpad2::LAlt
pevecg

Re: Fallout 4: Hold Breath Key Stops Movement

11 Jun 2017, 11:13

Your keyboard probably doesn't support to many keys being pressed at the same time. For some reason you can move right and not left.
Love

11 Jun 2017, 18:03

I really doubt that is the problem, as I have a high-end Sager laptop and am using its built-in keyboard. If this were my problem, almost every other FO4 player would complain that he's unable to move while holding breath down the scope. Doesn't add up.
pevecg

12 Jun 2017, 03:17

Unless LAl+Left its mapped to something its your keyboard, also no, not every other FO4 player would have this problem, because they use the mouse to look down the scope.
evilC

12 Jun 2017, 10:39

Love wrote:I really doubt that is the problem, as I have a high-end Sager laptop and am using its built-in keyboard. If this were my problem, almost every other FO4 player would complain that he's unable to move while holding breath down the scope. Doesn't add up.
Look up "n-key rollover".
Unless it is a gaming keyboard (Whose primary selling point is typically no n-key rollover), then it is entirely possible that your keyboard does not support that key combo.
Every FO4 player would not report the same thing, because different keyboards are wired differently, and so suffer from n-key rollover in different ways.

There are various n-key rollover test apps out there that will tell you if this is your problem, such as this one.
Love

12 Jun 2017, 10:45

Excellent--thanks a ton for your help, guys. I will remap scope to left mouse and see if that helps. I will also look up the n-key rollover issue and in general just get it fixed.
hohenheim

23 Jun 2017, 13:12

Hey man ,I am also playing FO4 and holding breath used to pause the game for me when I used NumpadEnd (Num lk off) then I used Numpad1(same button with num lk on) as the bind for alt and it started working again.
BTW NumpadEnd used to work before the day it started acting up.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”