Asking help for setting Global Hotkeys for IrfanView

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Brigetiol

Asking help for setting Global Hotkeys for IrfanView

17 Jun 2017, 07:48

Hi,

I would like to ask for your help. I am totally zero level with AHK, until now I managed to make a few very simple scripts working, based on examples. Now I am a bit clueless.

I used this script for Honeyview, for setting global hotkeys:
SetTitleMatchMode, 2

^!M::next() ;next pic
^!N::prev() ;prev pic
next()
{ControlSend,,{Enter}, Honeyview
}
prev()
{ControlSend,,{BS}, Honeyview
}
The point is, that the window of the viewer is part of a virtual dashboard on a secondary monitor, and during the game different events should command through VoiceAttack the viewer and change to different animgifs related to the actual event, like docking, hyperspacejump, fight, etc.. The game is Elite Dangerous. The dash looks like this, the Irfanview window is the second small one:

The script above worked fine for Honeyview. I want to use now Irfanview, because it has much more key-bindings for changing pictures, but I just can't make it work.

I would like to assign global hotkeys for Irfanview's own Ctrl+1..9, and Shift+Ctrl+1..9, and use them while playing the game, so the Irfanview window doesn't changes to active.

I would really appreciate any help!

Thank you very much in advance!

Brigetiol
Brigetiol

Re: Asking help for setting Global Hotkeys for IrfanView

17 Jun 2017, 10:06

Hi,

Windows has funny ways:) Until now, all programs worked while the game was running in full screen mode. Irfanview doesn't. It stops animations when I start something in fullscreen mode. Since all other screen modes (borderless, etc.) slows down the game, or disables bezel correction... I have to go on forward with Honeyview. Except if you know a magic spell, which can keep alive Irfan while playing the game, but I guess this forum is not about that.

Anyway, thanks for your time:)

Best regards!
joefiesta

Re: Asking help for setting Global Hotkeys for IrfanView

11 Jan 2019, 14:21

It's not at all clear what you want to do. But, I can tell you that in all probability AHK can do it. AHK is just amazinly powerful.

Please clarify what you want to do and you should get some help. You don't need to be real specific. What you are no doubt going to need is #IFWINACTIVE statements controlling your hotkey defintions.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”