Is it possible to make a script to play Wizard101?

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
thopeppe

Is it possible to make a script to play Wizard101?

24 Jul 2017, 20:32

Hello. I enjoy relaxing on a game called Wizard101, it's surprisingly challenging at times and I enjoy it. I don't like lower level play as much because it is centered towards younger kids. I was wondering if it was possible to make a script that reacted to variables and played cards based on those variables. Would it be possible? If not, where should I look to find a tool that could do this? I would like to make it so it would be pretty much completely self sustained until a certain level (maybe 50 for example) It wouldn't have to do that much, just follow the main quest line and do the fights involved, as they can be monotonous.

Essentially, would I be able to make a script that reacts to different variables and makes decisions off of the cards I have?
And would I be able to make a script that moves around for me, avoiding enemies as it does?

Thanks!

If this is not able to be done with AHK, could you tell me where I could go to make a bot/script that would do this? I'd appreciate it!
ShaneVonShane

Re: Is it possible to make a script to play Wizard101?

02 May 2018, 21:19

I am currently working on a script for Wizard101, which will farm for stuff for me, but I keep encountering problems regarding the spells, what I currently have atm is this:

; C:\Users\Lord_\Desktop\AHK\col.png

IfWinExist, Wizard101
{
WinActivate ; Automatically uses the window found above.

}

loop ; loop starts
{
ImageSearch, FoundX, FoundY, 0, 0, 1920, 1080, *50 C:\Users\Lord_\Desktop\AHK\col.png
If ErrorLevel = 0
Click, %FoundX%, %FoundY% Left, 1
sleep 1000
mousemove, 717, 97
ImageSearch, FoundX, FoundY, 0, 0, 1920, 1080, *50 C:\Users\Lord_\Desktop\AHK\met.png
If ErrorLevel = 0
mousemove, 717, 97
ImageSearch, FoundX, FoundY, 0, 0, 1920, 1080, *50 C:\Users\Lord_\Desktop\AHK\enchant.png
If ErrorLevel = 0
}

Return

Esc::ExitApp

However at times it fails to find either Colossal or enchanted Meteor Strike, I've tried to add different variations of the spells, but this does not work, I think when it fails to find the spell it loops back to the error, and because of that, fails it.

I've tried a few times to get around this problem, but everytime the round timer reaches zero, it fails the entire script. Perhaps I should remove the "if" in this script.

However avoiding enemies as far as I'm aware cannot be done, as it requires images to do anything in the game.
ShaneVonShane

Re: Is it possible to make a script to play Wizard101?

05 Jun 2018, 02:58

Okai, update:

It is based on color when looking for images, so using a bright one color thing, such as red for the Fire school will be found by the script, I ran into problems with Colossal and have not tried to fix this, I imagine TC variants of the spells will work better than the learnt spell due to the golden color.

Over a few weeks I made AHK look for Firecat, Link, Dragon, Satyr and most of the blades and shields I have. As far as I have done I have made the game work by itself only defensive. I cannot however guarantee it will work with other people in the battle. All you need is the image of the card (the size it will be with the mouse off of the game screen) and it look for whatever you wish for it to look for, it will select it, and do what you told it to do with that card (shield yourself, blade yourself or trap the enemy).

I've lost the file :shock:. But when I find it I will try to get it down on here.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”