Stuck Key Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)

Stuck Key  Topic is solved

10 Aug 2017, 06:53

Hello guys, I hope you can help me in this problem I have been doing searches for an answer but all I can find are people having this problem and the replies don't fix it.

I'm having problems with the "shift stuck" bug. I have read posts elsewhere reffering to it as a bug although maybe it is my script.

Basicly, I have purchased a game that is in closed beta on steam. The game devs have added no support for key rebinding so as usual when faced with this type of problem I downloaded autohotkey and moved the controls to how I like them.
I have made the script move the left shift onto the right shift and i also moved the right shift to a random key to make sure it wasnt the right shift causing a problem with the game.
Basicly, in game when i press the shift key it ends up getting stuck as if i have my finger constantly held on it. Its a very strange thing as I have remapped the shift keys in other games and haven't had this problem before. The problem is weird as well in that when I close the game, and close the authotkey script in the task area bottom right, the problem persists. I have to log out and back in to stop the stuck shift key.

I will show the script I made below.

Up::w

Left::a

Down::s

Right::d

RControl::q

End::e

RShift::LShift
NumpadAdd::RShift <<< this was just to see if the game was using right shift as a auto hold feature but is not needed

AppsKey::LControl

Numpad0::Space

Numpad1::1

Numpad2::2

Numpad3::3

Numpad4::4

Numpad5::5

Numpad6::6

Numpad7::7

Numpad8::8

Numpad9::9

NumpadDiv::0

NumpadDot::Tab

It is just a basic script but this problem I can not solve alone.
Nextron

Re: Stuck Key

10 Aug 2017, 11:55

Guest wrote:The problem is weird as well in that when I close the game, and close the authotkey script in the task area bottom right, the problem persists. I have to log out and back in to stop the stuck shift key.
Next time, after you close AHK, tapping both shift keys should work as well.

However, next time it happens, open AHK main window, go to key history and see which shift is stuck by checking the line: Modifiers (Hook's Logical) = LShift RShift

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”