Script not actually clicking inside program it loaded

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
tbolulzftw

Script not actually clicking inside program it loaded

19 Aug 2017, 11:55

I am extremely new to AHK and cant not for the life of me figure figure out how to make this script start up a program and click on a few buttons within that program, all without human interaction.

End game goal: I want my computer to restart every 24 hours, and on startup it will have this script running. So as soon as the computer comes back on it will automatically start up and run this program, without me or any body else being involved.

Details: This program is a bot for a video game. I leave for work for 3 weeks at a time and I am trying to make this completely automated so that I have a bunch of goodies when I return.

So far I have figured out how to make computer restart every 24 hours. So that is done...
Next is to have the script on startup so it will always run. That is done.
Script itself auto clicks and gets the bots main window pulled up. That is done and good to go. I think..
After that its like it refuses to actually click inside the bot's menu to hit "Start Bot".....
I have tried every command I could find and non of them actually click inside the program. I can get the mouse position to hover over where it needs to, but it refuses to actually click. What I am thinking is that is it clicking, its just clicking underneath the program (I'm not sure how this works.)

Here is the script I have to start the program:
"MouseMove 50, 970
Sleep 50
Click 2
Return"

I would include what I have to click inside the program but considering it doesn't work and I have changed it about 1 million times I'm sure its far off and it will just blow your mind. So instead please just tell me what you recommend me using.

Anyways, the script I have is extremely simple and I am willing to bet I will have to put in something complicated. Please let me remind you I am new to this. Thanks in advance.

Taylor

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”