AHK And Anti Cheats

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
BobRoss10

AHK And Anti Cheats

16 Oct 2017, 14:52

Hi there!

Im looking to download AHK for Path of Exile so i can use the trading and pricechecking script that was made.

I play a lot of playerunknowns, CSGO and was wondering if downloading AHK would cause any issues as ive tried googling and have had absolutely 0 useful results.
Exaskryz

Re: AHK And Anti Cheats

16 Oct 2017, 15:01

AHK has been detected by anticheats by me. This may be because of the Mouse Hook or Keyboard Hook (#InstallMouseHook, #InstallKeybdHook) that AHK uses, but I haven't done extensive testing. This has happened on, oh boy, I forget the name of the anticheat now... Oh, it's XIGNCode. They have a nice service where if you get a hack detection on the client side, you can send a log to their email. They reported back multiple times from different logs that they detected AHK running. Other anticheat programs may well flag AHK as well, and to be honest, AHK's capabilities can be seen as a cheating tool and even a hacking tool with it's ability to utilize DLLs.

Now, I can say that my experience is as long as I close all running AHK scripts *on every user* (I had a dedicated Windows User for gaming, so I could optimize visual settings there), I could play my game. It could be possible the anticheat would act like an antivirus and scan your computer for any potentially malicious programs, and if autohotkey has been added to their list, it could result in a block from the game. Some anticheat programs I've had in the past would flag having a hacking tool like CheatEngine installed, even if the player wasn't using CheatEngine on the game the anticheat program was protecting. (Of course, that's just their claim before seeking public support on forums; they cheat in other games, but not this one... so it's not a stretch to assume they were just trying to say whatever they could to get the unban and they may well have been banned for using CheatEngine in the game.)
KuroiLight

16 Oct 2017, 15:43

AFAIK VAC doesn't flag autohotkey so long as you aren't doing memory read/writes. I've used all sorts of in-game scripts in both CSS, Insurgency & CSGO over the years and never been detected (they were mostly harmless scripts). Idk what PUBG uses but so long as scripts aren't run while playing said games there should be no reason for an anti-cheat to detect them.
It could be possible the anticheat would act like an antivirus and scan your computer for any potentially malicious programs
Although unlikely, if anti-cheat software were doing this on your computer I'd be more concerned about privacy than getting banned in a game. I think cheatengine actually comes with a driver of some sort which may be whats being picked up or just people making excuses like you said.

As Exaskryz said, to be safest don't run scripts while gaming.
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]
01/24/18
[/color]
Reloaded

17 Oct 2017, 05:31

KuroiLight wrote:AFAIK VAC doesn't flag autohotkey so long as you aren't doing memory read/writes. I've used all sorts of in-game scripts in both CSS, Insurgency & CSGO over the years and never been detected (they were mostly harmless scripts). Idk what PUBG uses but so long as scripts aren't run while playing said games there should be no reason for an anti-cheat to detect them.
It could be possible the anticheat would act like an antivirus and scan your computer for any potentially malicious programs
Although unlikely, if anti-cheat software were doing this on your computer I'd be more concerned about privacy than getting banned in a game. I think cheatengine actually comes with a driver of some sort which may be whats being picked up or just people making excuses like you said.

As Exaskryz said, to be safest don't run scripts while gaming.
What?, i use a Many Script in Games and never got Banned or something ! for me its Save, but in Games like (PUBG, rust and more) you didn´t get banned, they just didn´t work. And i found a Post where Ruevil2 tell you how to make Ahk work in the Most games. https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/1117 ... he-basics/
evilC

17 Oct 2017, 07:02

AHK works fine in PUBG, you just need the standard SetKeyDelay, 0, 50 at the start of your script in order for it to recognise sent keystrokes.
Depending on what you do, it may or may not be bannable. If you are just using it to do some standard key remappings, then fine.
If you are using it to do no-recoil or similar, you may well get banned.
BobRoss10

17 Oct 2017, 11:24

evilC wrote:AHK works fine in PUBG, you just need the standard SetKeyDelay, 0, 50 at the start of your script in order for it to recognise sent keystrokes.
Depending on what you do, it may or may not be bannable. If you are just using it to do some standard key remappings, then fine.

Hi, as i said im using it for Path of Exile for trading. https://poe-trademacro.github.io/index.html

I haven't downloaded it yet, but i guess its safer for me to just all instances of AHK before i play CSGO or PUBG.
BobRoss10

17 Oct 2017, 11:24

evilC wrote:AHK works fine in PUBG, you just need the standard SetKeyDelay, 0, 50 at the start of your script in order for it to recognise sent keystrokes.

Hi, as i said im using it for Path of Exile for trading. https://poe-trademacro.github.io/index.html

I haven't downloaded it yet, but i guess its safer for me to just all instances of AHK before i play CSGO or PUBG.
evilC

17 Oct 2017, 13:04

but in Games like (PUBG, rust and more) you didn´t get banned, they just didn´t work
I was telling you that they do work in PUBG, because I use AHK to rebind my mouse wheel to direct weapon switches (Roll forward = AR, down = SMG, Left = Grenade, Right = Pistol)
I doubt you have much to worry about with CSGO, judging by the number of no-recoil hacks using AHK that are on this forum.
KuroiLight

19 Oct 2017, 20:16

Reloaded wrote:What?, i use a Many Script in Games and never got Banned or something ! for me its Save, but in Games like (PUBG, rust and more) you didn´t get banned, they just didn´t work. And i found a Post where Ruevil2 tell you how to make Ahk work in the Most games. https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/1117 ... he-basics/
Please re-read posts before replying.
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]
01/24/18
[/color]
Reloaded

20 Oct 2017, 06:58

KuroiLight wrote:
Reloaded wrote:What?, i use a Many Script in Games and never got Banned or something ! for me its Save, but in Games like (PUBG, rust and more) you didn´t get banned, they just didn´t work. And i found a Post where Ruevil2 tell you how to make Ahk work in the Most games. https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/1117 ... he-basics/
Please re-read posts before replying.
What do you mean ? :d
KuroiLight

20 Oct 2017, 18:31

I didn't say you would get banned, just that its better to not run scripts if you aren't sure if they are detectable, just to be on the safe side of overzealous anti-cheat software.
01/24/18
[/color]

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”