Numpad00 key remap issue

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
riley6248

Numpad00 key remap issue

14 Dec 2017, 07:27

I am using a gaming keyboard with a non-standard key 00 that instead of sending its own scancode sends 0 two times. The only way I found to be able to remap the 00 and 0 keys separately is to use this script: https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/scripts/Numpad000.htm. I modified the code for the 00 key and to handle Shift and Ctrl modifiers. The key to remap is Left because I remapped Numpad0 to Left in the registry, but the concept is the same: when the code gets two 0/left arrow keys in a row, it should figure out if I pressed the 00/down arrow or 0/left arrow key based only on the interval in ms between the two keys. It was tricky to find the right ms value, and I am still not sure how that relates to the keyboard speed setting in the registry, but still the code seems to work except for one issue: when I press shift+down arrow or ctrl+down arrow and keep the key pressed down, it doesn't repeat the key. For example, shift+down in notepad would select only one row down from the cursor and then stop, while shift-up will keep on selecting rows as long as the key is pressed. Any help will be welcome.

Code: Select all

; KeyboardSpeed 16
; KeyboardDelay 2

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 5  ; Allow multiple threads for this hotkey

*$Left::

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 1

SetBatchLines, 100
DelayBetweenKeys = 40

if A_PriorHotkey = %A_ThisHotkey%
{
	if A_TimeSincePriorHotkey < %DelayBetweenKeys%
	{
		if KeyCount =
		{
			KeyCount = 1
		}
		else
		{
			KeyCount = 0

Send, {Blind}{Down}	; when a modifier key is pressed, this works only once, not on repeat
		}
		CalledReentrantly = y
		return
	}
}

KeyCount = 0

CalledReentrantly = n

Sleep, %DelayBetweenKeys%

if CalledReentrantly = y
{
	CalledReentrantly = n
	return
}

Send, {Blind}{Left}

return
Rindis

Re: Numpad00 key remap issue

20 Dec 2017, 06:43

What about this?

Code: Select all

*$Left::

if ( A_PriorHotkey = A_ThisHotkey && A_TimeSincepriorHotkey < 60)
	Send, {Blind}{Down}
else
	Send, {Blind}{Left}	

return

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”