Need to have .ahk and exe to run script

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
daveamerica

Need to have .ahk and exe to run script

17 Jan 2018, 00:37

Here’s one for you guys...

I’m using a script in project cars 2, and after compiling my script the exe doesn’t work in game. But if I launch both the exe and the AHK, it works...

The other bizarre thing is that the first “Send, {ESC}” doesn’t work. The following commands do work tho, so it’s like it’s skipping the escape line. Escape does work on game from the keyboard though. My fix is to remove the line and hit escape before hitting the shortcut.

What is happening, especially in regards to the doubling up of the scripts?
mast4rwang

Re: Need to have .ahk and exe to run script

17 Jan 2018, 06:21

Scripts happening I guess.
That's all we can say with the provided info. Running the script in administrator mode might help you though :D
daveamerica

17 Jan 2018, 13:57

I tried running in administrator mode but no luck. I even tried the EnableUIAccess path.

It’s fine I guess, just curious why it’s happening.
eventhorizon

18 Jan 2018, 21:48

It's entirely possible that the game has it's own key handler for the esc key. You might have to work around that. But not knowing how you have coded the Send, {Esc} command it's impossible to give you any specific guidance about how to fix it. Another thing, If your script runs with the ahk interpreter enabled then using the exe is overkill and may also interfere with whatever else you have going on in the script. The idea is to run one or the other but not both.
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history – with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”