Tab Spam Script

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
negrosmasher

Tab Spam Script

19 Jan 2018, 03:27

I was attempting to create a script which spammed the Tab key when held, but couldn't make it to work. Can any of you please help me? And before you tell me to use the search bar and check other threads, I couldn't find one which spammed tab, or create one myself which worked. Thanks everyone!
eventhorizon

Re: Tab Spam Script

20 Jan 2018, 06:47

Perhaps i'm not understanding your problem but the tab key, in it's normal working mode, is a repeating key. That means it keeps sending tabs until it's released. Unless something has reprogrammed the tab key it should already do what you say you need. Try using the tab key in a Notepad window and you'll see it repeating when held down.
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history – with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
negrosmasher

22 Jan 2018, 20:42

eventhorizon wrote:Perhaps i'm not understanding your problem but the tab key, in it's normal working mode, is a repeating key. That means it keeps sending tabs until it's released. Unless something has reprogrammed the tab key it should already do what you say you need. Try using the tab key in a Notepad window and you'll see it repeating when held down.
No, not for games. You need to spam it in the game I'm playing (cuphead).
eventhorizon

27 Jan 2018, 00:54

Maybe this then...?

Code: Select all

$Tab::
	suspend permit ;bypasses suspend on commands
	while (getkeystate("Tab","p")) ;as long as tab is held down...
	{	send, {Tab} ;send it
		sleep 10 ;small delay to let key settle
	}
	return
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history – with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”